diy solar

diy solar

is POWMR just as reliable as MPP???

Go2Guy

Looking to get a new AIO . I have used several mpps and they have proved to be extremely reliable for me, however powmr, has caught my eye, the biggest reason, is price, most of them ship free, while mpp is 150-170 or more in shipping on top of the list price [even when dealing thru alibaba . . the 2nd reason is they seem to have higher power mppt charge controlers built into there AIOs and higher over all power outputs for the same price brackets for equivalent mpp models [minus the 170 mpp shipping] if mpp had the same free shipping i would likely stick with them, but another 170 on top of 650 STINGS!!!! plus you also getting more power with powmr for the same list price
so my biggest question is
: are powmr just as reliable as mpp,

some additional questions im curious about

are the the surges just as good?
the mpp 5048mgx started my nonsoftstart 2 ton central with a 75amp 240 surge [measured with lra meter] thats 18,000 watts surge on a 5000 watt inverter , meanthile manual says 5000 x2 @ 5 sec, which is 10k
This was impressive, c
can a equivlant 5k powmr do the same as MPP 5k?

if POWMR is not as good in reliability , are there some POWMR models that are well reviewed?
OR is there another brand that has similar value as POWMR with the reliability of MPP ?

I appreciate any advice as im about to order one soon and torn on which to go.

disclaimer i do not work for any these companies and this is in no way an advertisement , I just really want to know should i switch to powmr and what are peoples experiences. . i pulled this pics off ebay today , 721 you can get a 10k with free shipping which is mindblowing BUT its worthless if it breaks in a month SMH

1694717553798.png
1694717692520.png

Last edited:
I am using a PowMr 3KW AIO. It is a SRNE rebadge. It has only been in operation for a couple of months now so I can not say as to its longevity although I have an older EAsun that is also a SRNE rebadge that is over a year old now. Both have been flawless (some quirks with the older model EAsun but not a reliability thing). I have been impressed with what they will run.

I have no experience with MPP so it is impossible to rate them. I expect they are about equal but who knows without a lot of research.

Don't go by the reviews of PowMr SCC that was a copy of MSB (MakeSkyBlue) that caused so many negative reports.

Back