diy solar

diy solar

MPP / PowMr /Eco-worthy?

Whats-n-Watts

I'm looking to install a 10k inverter and was wondering out of these 3 which would the experienced in the forum go with as far as reliability goes? I know they are far from the best but these are within my price range. Thanks in advance!?

As far as I know the largest inverter Eco-worthy has is 5kw so I doubt it could meet your needs. But they offer good customer service. Any quality issue will get resolved.

As far as I know the largest inverter Eco-worthy has is 5kw so I doubt it could meet your needs. But they offer good customer service. Any quality issue will get resolved.

Thank you. They looked like a reputable company but you never know with all the smoke and mirrors while online shopping. They offer parallel set up and I'm cool with that.
I have 30 count 305w Hyundai panels and at best I can use 22 to 28 of them throughout the AIO units. Is it possible to use a separate SCC for the rest if the panels to the same bank as the AIO?

Of the three, MPP is by far the best of the brands. I've always considered Eco-worthy to be Tier-5 components, out of a 3 tier system. I'd take an MPP any day, they've been very well regarded for a long time.

@Rednecktek the Lv6548v Mpp shows 2 inputs for pv and says for each 18 amps and 390 vov being the max.
My panels are 9.42 amps so parallel amps would be .84 amps over. Would that small amount damage my inverter? Do I need to just forget parallel?
Thanks for your time!

@Rednecktek the Lv6548v Mpp shows 2 inputs for pv and says for each 18 amps and 390 vov being the max.
My panels are 9.42 amps so parallel amps would be .84 amps over. Would that small amount damage my inverter? Do I need to just forget parallel?
Thanks for your time!
It just means your controller will clip off the excess, if there is any. If the panels were capable of pumping 20a, the controller would only draw 18 of those. Since you're less than an amp over in perfect conditions, it's a pretty negligible loss and I wouldn't worry about it.

Back