diy solar

diy solar

New to solar - looking to build backup off grid for home

Y2KINDYZ

Hello everyone,

Oscar here, I have been a fan of the channel for a while and am in the process of building a barnaminium and I want to add a solar system as a backup for SHTF/Hurricane protection when power goes away. I have a little experience with auto 12 v DC systems and a little with 120v AC, so I know enough to get into trouble.

Looking forward to learning from everyone on this forum,

Oscar

Hello everyone,

Oscar here, I have been a fan of the channel for a while and am in the process of building a barnaminium and I want to add a solar system as a backup for SHTF/Hurricane protection when power goes away. I have a little experience with auto 12 v DC systems and a little with 120v AC, so I know enough to get into trouble.

Looking forward to learning from everyone on this forum,

Oscar
Ok, that was a new word for me…

I want one!

Let’s see pictures of yours or what you plan for it to be, it sounds cool.

Welcome. The top of the page has DIY Blueprints link, but like to hear more about your barnonium power requirements and what your goal.

I also leaned the same word form you.

No...
Barnominium, .

Oh LOL Picture a Commercial building, 80' x 50' with 18' eve. Inside 50' x 50' Living Area (2 story) and 30' x 50' shop/garage.

You ask Why?

Low property tax due to its just a garage/work shop. Makes for a concealed home that will not attract attention. plus lots of roof area for panels since the roof will face North and South. So I will have approx 25' x 80' slightly angled roof for Solar. I have a customer from Mexico that installs solar systems in mexico and he recommended these Panels. https://www.axitecsolar.com/en/solarmodul/axipremium-xxl-hc Do you have any experience with them?

Still chewing on the capacity of my system and if I want or need to be able to go Completely off grid. I will check out the DIY Blueprint Area.

Thank you

Back