diy solar

diy solar

Newb' saying hello from Legazpi City Philippines

Absentrush

Hi all,
I am a total newbie and would love some advice.
I am living 15km from Legazpi City, Albay, Philippines and have purchased most of what I consider my off grid system. It is made up of ....
4 x 440 wattt panels
8 x 3.2v 200ah Lifepo4 batteries or 2x12v banks CONFIGURED FOR 24V.
3.2kw 24Vdc hybrid MPPT Solar off grid Controller / charger with wifi 80amp charger..
I have had my whole house rewired by an electrician but his knowledge of solar and its inputs/outs seems very adrift of whats needed to install my system properly without blowing my controller. I am quite scared to let him near this and would like to attempt the install myself (that means I can only blame myself if i fk things up)
Any leccy or skilled solar installer here would be great to lean on about this...I've spent a lot of money on this so far, so would appreciate any help or guidance to become more competent and comfortable with setting up.
This is my controller, it has solar and mains grid or generator input to charge my batteries (I am planning on expanding my panels and batteries in the future, but a new baby has halted that for now)
I have not bought breakers yet but I do have 100amp BMS and a battery balancer. Please advise on correct breakers for my system.
Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_20201217_080342.jpg
    IMG_20201217_080342.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
I have grid power into my house at present, but it's terribly inefficient and always 'browning out'.
I have no breaker (dc) from panels to controller and no breaker (ac) from inverter to my house breaker box. I believe my hybrid controller/inverter has inbuilt breakers but I would like to have external breakers to be safer and shut off individual devices if I need to.
I also want to install an automatic switch between my grid output V's my battery output so that i get seemless power when the grid goes down and is not powering my appliances. I'm unsure of the amperage for each breaker.

Back