diy solar

diy solar

Newbee question

nightrage

For any size 12, 24, or 48 volt batter, or type be connected to the following solar panel with these specs....
  • Rated Power: 250W
  • Open circuit voltage (VOC): 37.6 V
  • Max power voltage (VMP): 30.3 V
  • Short circuit current (ISC): 8.85 A
  • Max power current: 8.27 A
  • Power Tolerance 0/+3%
  • Maximum system voltage: 600V (UL)
  • Fuse Rating: 15 A

For any size 12, 24, or 48 volt batter, or type be connected to the following solar panel with these specs....
  • Rated Power: 250W
  • Open circuit voltage (VOC): 37.6 V
  • Max power voltage (VMP): 30.3 V
  • Short circuit current (ISC): 8.85 A
  • Max power current: 8.27 A
  • Power Tolerance 0/+3%
  • Maximum system voltage: 600V (UL)
  • Fuse Rating: 15 A
You don’t connect solar panels to batteries.

You connect a charge controller to batteries, then you install solar panels to the charge controller.

Start by learning what you want to power. Learn the math to understand how much Wh you will need to power hat load.

Then learn what voltage battery will be best for the load you want to power.

Lots to learn, just ask here!

Those panels, either singular or parallel, only produce enough to feed a 24v battery, but you'll need at least 2 in series to power a 48v system.

And what supervstech said as well.

Do a search for "blurb" and my username, that should get you on paper at least. Ask questions from there, we're here to help.

You don’t connect solar panels to batteries.

You connect a charge controller to batteries, then you install solar panels to the charge controller.

Start by learning what you want to power. Learn the math to understand how much Wh you will need to power hat load.

Then learn what voltage battery will be best for the load you want to power.

Lots to learn, just ask here!
Thanks a lot guys. Yes I do understand the order in which things are connected. Im immersing myself in so much info it becomes confusing but little by little i am starting to grasp some things. Unfortunately I did not ask the above question correctly. I will continue to work on the math and understanding the power needs. Im mentally trying to construct a portable system, or a part of it that would be used for two home. One 100% solar, the other I would only set up most of the home. But I will return soon.
Thanks again

Back