diy solar

diy solar

Newbie here with Ecoflow question using with UPS

gnuck

First time poster, been lurking a while, watched a bunch of Will's videos and kudos for them, so very helpful.

I'm dabbling with solar and getting acclimated to the technology, have bought in all 4 Eclflows now (2 Delta 2 Maxs, Delta 2, & River 2 Pro) and happy with them.
I'm a 73 yr old computer programmer & geek but new to the solar field.

My question is today while working on my computer (I work remote) we had a quick storm come up and the lights were blinking as if they may go off, Florida for you.
I have been wanting to test using a UPS with one of of my EcoFlows so I grabbed a Delta 2 and unplugged my UPS with the computer and two monitors on it and plugged it into my EcoFlow Delta 2 and it shows 40 watts output from the Ecoflow? Everything stayed up just fine during the switch. I had read in other posts about doing this and it would work.

Also showed 20 hours run time. I would have thought it would show a much higher output on the wattage with a computer and 2 monitors hooked to the UPS as well as less hours run time? Would the wattage go up when the UPS was spent on power and the EcoFlow was furnishing full power?

These stats made me question that maybe I'm missing something. Any help on understanding this or if I need to also change a setting on the EclFlow when doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Gk

Well a follow-up to my post with the answer. I have two workstations and computer setups on a KVM switch for remote work. Both are identical setups, Dell computers same specs and models and same UPS's and specs.

Such a stupid mistake... both UPS's were on side by side, plugs in the wall side by side, (can you guess where this is going?) YES... only one had the computer and monitors on... so I plugged in the wrong UPS with only the power on and no devices running, resulting in the approximate steady reading of 40 watts.

Will try again today when not in the rush of a storm and try the correct UPS with the computer and monitors on. Duh...

Thanks all. I sheepishly fade into the corner of the room.
:)

diy solar

diy solar
Back