diy solar

diy solar

Newbie in Spain

neondust

Hi, I'm in an off-grid AirBnb in Spain. I'm attaching photos of the system because I have no idea how it works, It's supposed to generate 16KWH of power, but a red light started flashing on what I think is a schnieder load controller. Three days ago it showed batts fully charged, but now flashing red/green and in load control mode? It's been doing that for 3 days. System runs 2 fridges, hot water boiler (three hours/day), water pump, lights. It's been very hot so we have run 2 floor fans during the day and most of each night. In the pics where a red light is shown, the light is flashing, not solid. Any advice or input would be welcome!IMG_2378.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2379.jpg
    IMG_2379.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 5
Contact your installer for service? If you did not install this yourself?
What is that 2-pole thingy over the fuse panel?

Hi, I'm in an off-grid AirBnb in Spain.
If your renting the air BnB, it's not yours so don't play with it.
I'm attaching photos of the system because I have no idea how it works, It's supposed to generate 16KWH of power,
kWh is a measurement of storage.
but a red light started flashing on what I think is a schnieder load controller.
The flashing red light denotes load control mode which means either it's not charging or your using too much power

Three days ago it showed batts fully charged, but now flashing red/green and in load control mode? It's been doing that for 3 days.
That means it's equalising the lead acid batteries if it's been trying to do so for 3 days there's likely something wrong with the input possibly the solar panels
System runs 2 fridges, hot water boiler (three hours/day), water pump, lights. It's been very hot so we have run 2 floor fans during the day and most of each night.
If there's no power input to the system your likely going to have no power soon.
In the pics where a red light is shown, the light is flashing, not solid. Any advice or input would be welcome!View attachment 228583
Call the air BnB owner, if your the owner call an electrician/solar installer

diy solar

diy solar
Back