diy solar

diy solar

No issue. I did it. 20k phantom load and lost all settings and lost AC Couple on 18kpv

I have a theory on what happened. Discussing with others via PM.

Well, I think I figured it out.

Someone logged into my account yesterday and reset all factory options. PW changed. MF.

Honestly these platforms really do concern me in terms of security. There is no MFA option for the service that Sol-Ark uses and the overall feeling there doesn't scream "we are super secure" to me.

Yeah, I actually sent a request for MFA to be added to the dev queue to EG4. Or a separate admin login.

It is my fault for using a soft combo. I didn't think anyone would be interested in f ing with my solar but I guess I was wrong.

Well, I think I figured it out.

Someone logged into my account yesterday and reset all factory options. PW changed. MF.
Do you use the password for this service anywhere else? Is it a good password or one that would be considered weak?

I'm confused, how can someone other than the user name log into the inverter? Wouldn't that have to be a hack into the service end to act as someone with rights?
The username there matches the username here. Guessing the account was compromised (most likely scenario).

@millsan1 A while back, I thought my account had been hacked too, but it turns out I was trying to record a video.. I played it back, and realized I had done it myself. I suspect the likelyhood of someone hacking your account to mess with you, is pretty low. Occams razor would sugest that.. like my scenario, you likely did it without realizing it.

@millsan1 A while back, I thought my account had been hacked too, but it turns out I was trying to record a video.. I played it back, and realized I had done it myself. I suspect the likelyhood of someone hacking your account to mess with you, is pretty low. Occams razor would sugest that.. like my scenario, you likely did it without realizing it.
Yeah, I just checked my cameras. I was driving back from lunch when it happened. Maybe a pocket dial thing? Anything is possible. But me, going in and setting all settings to default is not something I would have done purposely.

Sorry, didn't catch that the name matched. Guess the way you said this is the user, my brain assumed it was different.
my best bet its either the account is compromised or the user reset to default accidently, because looking at the logs there's to many setting changed by a single user name which is the owner account. any settings that changed is being recorded except if the setting is done on the inverter screen.

Attachments

• eg42.png
    eg42.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 35
my best bet its either the account is compromised or the user reset to default accidently, because looking at the logs there's to many setting changed by a single user name which is the owner account. any settings that changed is being recorded except if the setting is done on the inverter screen.
Yeah, that is me fixing the problem.

Are you sure you should be posting details from people's logs like this? I would not be happy if you did that to me that's for sure.

Another easy way the system can be breached is through local connect. But I recognize someone would have to be close to the unit.

1000000916-png.216390
you posted your serial number here. and its useless to anyone unless you have a super admin account with luxpower or EG4.

diy solar

diy solar
Back