diy solar

diy solar

No sun, batteries drained, system won't work correctly now!

crccrkc1995

Hello, I've had a 800W Solar array on my shuttle bus for over a year, things have worked great. We're currently on a trip and have experienced very little sun. After two days of clouds and rain, our system shut down in the middle of the night. This morning, we drove out of the rain and hit sun light. The system reacted almost immediately. At first everything started working normally. But then I started getting OVD errors on my Epever MT50. I have two SOK 206Amp batteries in series and a 50Amp Eperver MPPT, along with a 2000W SunGold Power inverter charger. Also, my 12V is working fine however none of my 110 plugs are working. Any help with what could be happening would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello, I've had a 800W Solar array on my shuttle bus for over a year, things have worked great. We're currently on a trip and have experienced very little sun. After two days of clouds and rain, our system shut down in the middle of the night. This morning, we drove out of the rain and hit sun light. The system reacted almost immediately. At first everything started working normally. But then I started getting OVD errors on my Epever MT50. I have two SOK 206Amp batteries in series and a 50Amp Eperver MPPT, along with a 2000W SunGold Power inverter charger. Also, my 12V is working fine however none of my 110 plugs are working. Any help with what could be happening would be appreciated. Thanks!
Unplug the controller from the solar and let it read the battery before connecting the solar.

See if that works.

Your battery likely got drained so far the controller did not read it and needs to be reset.

I'm confused. Are you using a buck converter to get 12v or did you mean the batteries are in parallel?
I'd recommend isolating the batteries and charging them individually to 100%
The BMS's may have went into protection if the voltage got to low, ideally you set the inverter cutoff above the BMS cutoff.

Back