diy solar

diy solar

Non Enphase storage with new Enphase system

railcon56

I have seen this talked about on the forum, but I'm not sure just what is possible. I'm going to have a new system installed, and they want to use enphase. I was hoping to use Eg4's or Sok Rack Batteries. Is this possible?

Thankyou in advance.

It is possible with inverters certified to UL 1741SA, the "SA" part matters, and they program them with the same type of grid profile as the enphase. I'm working on this using Hoymiles microinverters as energy storage, not backup. It's a fun side project.

The problem is, if you pair the enphase with something other than enphase, it will probably void your warranty. There are alternatives to enphase. I've mentioned Hoymiles here and they're DIY-friendly.

It is possible with inverters certified to UL 1741SA, the "SA" part matters, and they program them with the same type of grid profile as the enphase. I'm working on this using Hoymiles microinverters as energy storage, not backup. It's a fun side project.

The problem is, if you pair the enphase with something other than enphase, it will probably void your warranty. There are alternatives to enphase. I've mentioned Hoymiles here and they're DIY-friendly.
Imo he is asking what other non-enphase battery/storage/inverter system to use and have the AC coupling done by Enphase inverters.

diy solar

diy solar
Back