diy solar

diy solar

Noob ? 20hr or 10hr

wpmaura

whats a better battery one that has a 10hr 100amp rate or a 20hr 100amp rate?

Most batteries are rated in terms of amp hours ie 10Ah or 20Ah neither is necessarily better or worse than another. If they are the same chemistry the 20AH batter will allow more energy output at any specific time and its also stores twice as much energy as the 10Ah battery. However if you put 2 10Ah batteries in parallel its effectively the same as a 20Ah battery.

My understanding is that the hours refers to the testing procedure used to determine the AmpHours of the battery, usually over 20 hours. So, for the same 100Ah battery (I assume that's what you really meant, Ah) providing the 100Ah over 10 hours would be better than providing the same 100Ah over 20 hours. It can release the energy faster and that's better.
So 10 hours is better, but a little unusual because the standard test is usually expressed over 20 hours.
Note the writing on the side of the battery indicates that it is 12v 7Ah /20Hr - meaning this was determined over a 20Hr test, which is the standard.

Last edited:
I guess that's what's getting me. Have been giving se weiz batteries that are 100h over 10hrs and that's it can find no documentation. Why break from the standard 20hr test

Back