diy solar

diy solar

Noob questions about EG4 LL-V2

dagnabitboy

I want to do an inverter/battery combo like EG4 3KW/EG4 LL-V2, or some other. I watched a youtube by Ray Loveless on the LL-V2. Dissapointed with the firmware. Screen shows V1, not V2. Cell voltages are additive, not individual. Example: 3.8, 7.6, 11.4, etc. Is that typical? Seems useless to me. Also it seemed difficult to connect to a PC, with very low baud rate, only 9600. Are we in the dark ages? I also learned that using an LL-V2 (as a master), you can't read the cell voltages of other batteries. I mean, why have a display? As a retired engineer/programmer am I being overly critical? Why does the firmware on these things appear to be unfinished? I tried to communicate with EG4 electronics, but their website conveniently said, "oh, sorry, contact function not working" This kind of stuff doesn't instill a great deal of confidence!! Sorry if I'm ranting, what do others think? Do I need to "calm down"? LOL.

You're not being overly critical, what you describe is an industry wide problem. That said, the higher end brands, UL1741 inverters are much more complete in their firmware/software implementation.

Back