diy solar

diy solar

Noobie to the forum, solar genius in my head ....

scrooster

W = V² / R
.... I mean I think I know what I'm doing (on paper) but who knows. When I start putting it into practical application and especially when I jump up to 24v and 48v systems - I'm gonna make mistakes.

I have a book of sketches of various systems that I've been sketching for several years now. Everything from ammo can portable systems to off grid whole house systems. Living in the deep South affords so many pros towards a solar system ... but there are plenty of cons as well. I need a ton of solar panels. Pollen, dust and frequent storms make having a ton of panels a pain.

I've watched all of Will's videos over and over and over again along with some others. I've read so many books my head is spinning.

The time has come to make it happen. That's why I'm here.

I'll go back to lurking for awhile now.

ETA: Being an obsessive compulsive perfectionist makes all of this harder for me than it probably should be. Nothing is perfect, right?

Last edited:
.... I mean I think I know what I'm doing (on paper) but who knows. When I start putting it into practical application and especially when I jump up to 24v and 48v systems - I'm gonna make mistakes.

I have a book of sketches of various systems that I've been sketching for several years now. Everything from ammo can portable systems to off grid whole house systems. Living in the deep South affords so many pros towards a solar system ... but there are plenty of cons as well. I need a ton of solar panels. Pollen, dust and frequent storms make having a ton of panels a pain.

I've watched all of Will's videos over and over and over again along with some others. I've read so many books my head is spinning.

The time has come to make it happen. That's why I'm here.

I'll go back to lurking for awhile now.

ETA: Being an obsessive compulsive perfectionist makes all of this harder for me than it probably should be. Nothing is perfect, right?

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure a lot of people here would like to see some of your sketches or diagrams if you choose to share them.

I can relate to the perfectionist, ocd tendencies, I tend to overdesign/over engineer things, and obsess over little details at times.

Back