diy solar

diy solar

Off Grid 12v Security System with 24-7 Video you can monitor from ANYWHERE in the world

ADDvanced

Hey guys, this forum has been SO HELPFUL in getting my solar system up and running, which was ultimately designing to power my security system to keep an eye on my land and bus when I'm out of state. I put together a video with everything I've done to keep tabs on things, what system I used, how to setup the cameras, the different functions (floodlight, sirens, red and blue deterrents), and how it works from your phone when you're away from the property. Hope this helps people out!

Great video do you know how those cameras compare to Ring and Blink in terms of video quality. It will also be interesting to see if your batteries last all winter once snow gets on the panels. Great job though

Thanks! The video quality is great, it's HD. Also, the data is YOURS, not going to Amazon or google, with zero monthly fees. And the system is expandable; I could run 8 cameras if I wanted to, all of various types.

They SHOULD be okay in the winter, I had some issues last winter because renogy is a joke, but once I switched to Victron I had far fewer issues. I am going to add a toggleable battery mat heater to my heated batteries, and will turn it on for 30 minutes in the morning before the sun comes up. This will help them charge easily, even in overcast conditions.

Thanks! The video quality is great, it's HD. Also, the data is YOURS, not going to Amazon or google, with zero monthly fees. And the system is expandable; I could run 8 cameras if I wanted to, all of various types.

They SHOULD be okay in the winter, I had some issues last winter because renogy is a joke, but once I switched to Victron I had far fewer issues. I am going to add a toggleable battery mat heater to my heated batteries, and will turn it on for 30 minutes in the morning before the sun comes up. This will help them charge easily, even in overcast conditions.
Great thats what I was hoping to hear I have never liked the Idea that I do not own my own video even if I pay for it

Back