diy solar

diy solar

off grid hybrid inverter recomendation

piciu1982

hi guys
I'm building a solar system for my travel trailer, I have a large roof so ill be putting LG 4x400w solar panels on it
I have two BYD batteries connected in series to get 48V system,
now I need to make 110v of it
I was thinking about 48 to 110 v inverter but it looks that all in one ready solar hybrid inverter will be actually cheaper and more useful

any recommendation for what to buy
I found a lot of them on eBay and amazon ranging from 599 to 1400 $
just not sure which one to buy
don't want to buy it again in the future cause it fails after couple months of use

I have 30A service in the rv, so I need something 110V/3500W single phase

thanks for any suggestions

I don't know of any all in one units that are ul-458 listed or capable.
Its about switching the neutral ground bond when connecting/disconnecting from shore power.

Have a look at the samlex evo.
It has provision for shore power and generator plus you can connect a solar charge controller directly to the inverter/charger to coordinate the charge sources.

Have a look at the samlex evo.
It has provision for shore power and generator plus you can connect a solar charge controller directly to the inverter/charger to coordinate the charge sources.
The Evo is a great choice for mobile, but it is only available in 12V and 24V, not 48V. Is it possible for you to switch your battery bank to 24V? You'll get a lot more options for mobile inverters.

If you have to stay 48V, the VICTRON ENERGY QUATTRO 3000W may be an option.

I can switch it to 24v, but I really wanted to run everything on 48v to reduce amps flowing trough wiring, more efficient this way, what about growatt 48v/110v solar hybrid

The only place there would be 48V is between the charge controller and batteries, and batteries and inverter. Ideally, they are all close to each other so shouldn't have to go that far. 2400W to a 24V battery bank is only 66A, and to a 3500W inverter is 145A. Pretty standard. I don't deal with the Growatts, so I can't give an opinion.

The only place there would be 48V is between the charge controller and batteries, and batteries and inverter. Ideally, they are all close to each other so shouldn't have to go that far. 2400W to a 24V battery bank is only 66A, and to a 3500W inverter is 145A. Pretty standard. I don't deal with the Growatts, so I can't give an opinion.
The Growatt is not ul-458 listed to the best of my knowledge.

Back