diy solar

diy solar

Off Grid Info

Dadbandit1

I am looking for a wiring diagram for running 2 EA - 2 x Hybrid LV2424 in an off grid house. We have 8 EA 400 watt Jinko Panels and 4 EA 24V LiFePO4 Powerwall. I was planning on running 4 (2 EA (2S) to each LV2424) panels for each 2 x Hybrid LV2424.
I am also considering running 8 (4 EA (2S 2P) to each LV2424) panels for each 2 x Hybrid LV2424.
Questions:
1. How much AC power can we get out of each 2 x Hybrid LV2424?
2. The house currently runs on 100 amp 240 volts panel will the the 2 EA - 2 x Hybrid LV2424 be enough to run the entire house?

Hello!

For the panels seems good, i posted recently about the configurations and limits of the LV2424 and a lot of knowledge people participated. In a few words, 4 x 400W for each LV2424 its good (2s2P).

1.- The AC available power depends mainly of the power that you can get from batteries and solar. if you are not limited, you can get up to 4.8KWH (I would advice to try to use less with this Chinese inverters). The hybrid inverters can source both from solar and battery at the same time (To my knowleage). And you can setup the inverter to use one or another as priority source.

2.- Are you referring to the amps of the fuses in your panel?. You need to measure your consumption per day in KWH and see if the solar pannels can supply this and at the same time charge your batteries.

For example with a sunny place and depending of your setup and location, with 8 panels you can make about 16KWh per day (Depends heavily on location).. In my specific case, i have a battery pack with 13.5Kw, so i should be able to charge the batteries in a single day with the 8 panels and have some energy to the house itself. If you only deplete half of the batteries, you can have 8Kwh free. With that you can feed an 800W load for 8 hours. It all depends of your consumption, setup and capacity of the batteries, so i think you should start there.

Disclaimer: Also a noob on solar so anyone feel free to correct me.

@Dadbandit1, ex-military? Not seen many civilians use the term 'EA' to refer to 'Each'.

1. How much AC power can we get out of each 2 x Hybrid LV2424?
I am assuming that you have the 2424LV-MSD model, so with that in mind, according to your all-in-one's datasheet they are rated to supply 2,400W and can be paralleled up to six units, so 4,800W in total for two.

2020-04-17_18-45-48.png

Some considerations:
  • If your house runs on 240V, why are you considering MPPSolar's Low Voltage range, they sell plenty of 240V all-in-ones?
  • This product has a no load power consumption of around 50W and peak efficiency is only is only 91%. That's a lot of inefficiency/losses. For comparison, a Victron MultiPlus consumes around 2W no-load and is >94% efficient. I'm not suggesting that you buy a MultiPlus, I'm just saying that you're not going to get as much from your PV array as you might have planned to.
  • As you are already planning a 24V battery system, take a look at the Growatt product range.
2. The house currently runs on 100 amp 240 volts panel will the the 2 EA - 2 x Hybrid LV2424 be enough to run the entire house?
It's not that useful to say 'can this supply what the grid can supply?', better to say 'can this supply my expected consumption?' and the answer to that question is obviously dependant on your expected consumption! For that you're going to need to do an energy audit. But, to answer your question directly, supplying 100A at 240V would require a supply greater than 24,000W (considering losses). Your two inverters max out supplying 4,800W, so emphatically, no!

Back