diy solar

diy solar

Off-grid Victron Build Critique

I would consider contacting @HighTechLab if going Victron and you don’t already have a vendor in mind. He’s put out a bunch of great Victron systems
I thoroughly enjoy @Adam De Lay videos for educational purposes on Victron implementation as well
Oh, trust me, I wouldn't go anywhere else. I've been emailing with Jason from CC about my build. I have watched Adam's stuff as well.

I was seriously tempted to order from Dan at Trophy (He's a Victron distributor as well) with less than $100 shipping and no sales tax if shipping to NC, but they only offer a 5-year warranty. After seeing the reports on CC here, I decided it was worth a bit more to go with them.

Oh, trust me, I wouldn't go anywhere else. I've been emailing with Jason from CC about my build. I have watched Adam's stuff as well.

I was seriously tempted to order from Dan at Trophy (He's a Victron distributor as well) with less than $100 shipping and no sales tax if shipping to NC, but they only offer a 5-year warranty. After seeing the reports on CC here, I decided it was worth a bit more to go with them.
Victron will extend the warranty on their gear from 5 to 10 years, for an additonal 10% of the intial investment. Any dealer should be able to do that.

Victron will extend the warranty on their gear from 5 to 10 years, for an additonal 10% of the intial investment. Any dealer should be able to do that.
Yes, Dan mentioned that, but he had never done it. It was an option, though.

Just because a vendor is not setup to collect sales taxes in every state does not mean that you are off the hook from paying them. Any purchases you make without the seller charging sales taxes are supposed to be reported / remitted by the buyer.

You can try and avoid doing that and take the risk on your own...but if I know one thing for certain it's that playing games with taxes rarely ends good.

1711489422867.png

Just because a vendor is not setup to collect sales taxes in every state does not mean that you are off the hook from paying them. Any purchases you make without the seller charging sales taxes are supposed to be reported / remitted by the buyer.

You can try and avoid doing that and take the risk on your own...but if I know one thing for certain it's that playing games with taxes rarely ends good.

View attachment 204954

Yeah, I think maybe it's because I reside in TN; I thought it was unusual. Possibly because he doesn't sell online through an e-store. Said sales tax was only for GA/SC (he's located right on the line basically) 🤷‍♂️

Similar thing with a Sawmill from Bailey's out of California, they said if you're close enough to MS or MO and you can pickup Will call there's no sales tax. So I drove 6hrs to pick it up in MS.

For 10% more on the Victron Purchase price you get a 10 years warranty

Back