diy solar

diy solar

onerkill

texskeet

48 volt overkill the cell leads are to short to mount the BMS on the end like the picture is this right? I built to mount on end now will not work.

48 volt overkill the cell leads are to short to mount the BMS on the end like the picture is this right? I built to mount on end now will not work.
I extended the wires on my 8S so they would reach using solder, shrink wrap to cover the joint and slightly larger AWG wire. I do not know the length of the wires that's supposed to come with the 16S BMS.

They will connect only 13 cells. Just should work like the drawing on the downloads.

I'm sry, but I didn't see a photo like that at their site. Can you post the picture or a link to it?
If you're talking about the one in the User Manual, that's just an graphic illustration, not a photo.

Like gazoo said, you may need to alter the wires for your specific application.

guess I will solder wire ext to the last 3 cells. Will that work?

It should. Just be sure to use good, real copper wire of at least the same gauge and not Copper Clad Aluminum wire (I would suggest)

Then use an ohm meter to verify that you haven't created a resistance in your soldering, heat shrink tubing and you should be good to go.

Back