diy solar

diy solar

Opinions on Eco-Worthy and Vestwoods 250+ah LifeP04 batteries?

That tells me nothing about condition in which your ac can run for 10hrs.
Just trying to learn what is working for some, and why it doesn’t work for others.

Again,

I’m curious in what temperature and humidity conditions can you run your Sprinter AC for 10 hours, what the delta T is, and which ac unit do you have?

ps Ca has a very wide variation in temps, from death valley and other deserts, various beach areas, to lake tahoe, mt whitney etc.

It's a Dometic 8k btu, I've insulated the Sprinter, the outside temp was around 85 and I kept the inside at 72-75 or so. It cycled on for 30 mins or so then off for 15 . I don't keep that close an eye on the specifics. I have a 3500 watt aims inverter that I run off the batteries.

It's a Dometic 8k btu, I've insulated the Sprinter, the outside temp was around 85 and I kept the inside at 72-75 or so. It cycled on for 30 mins or so then off for 15 . I don't keep that close an eye on the specifics. I have a 3500 watt aims inverter that I run off the batteries.
Ok. Yeah 85F ambient is easy, an 8k btu system can handle that in a sprinter, unless it’s black or other dark color and sitting in the sun. 85 with high humidity would likely be a different story.

100F would be a total struggle, 110F no way, that unit would run near continuous and not be able to keep up. A 600ah/7.68kwh power system though solid for a van build definitely won’t last 10hrs in those conditions.

13500btu ac units are commonly installed on Sprinter class B RV’s such as the Revel and others.
Few have the battery system to run them for more than a few hrs, they assume shore power or a generator will be used.

Yup, I boondock fairly often and I needed the extra capacity. It's nice to have the outlets available even though most of it is on 12 volt or propane including the fridge. I have 300 watts of solar on the roof as well it won't totally keep up the batteries but it helps. I use a suburban furnace that came with the rv for heat as well as a diesel heater under the front seat that actually can heat the camper cheaper and as well as the propane one without having to refill the propane tank .

Ok. Yeah 85F ambient is easy, an 8k btu system can handle that in a sprinter, unless it’s black or other dark color and sitting in the sun. 85 with high humidity would likely be a different story.

100F would be a total struggle, 110F no way, that unit would run near continuous and not be able to keep up. A 600ah/7.68kwh power system though solid for a van build definitely won’t last 10hrs in those conditions.

13500btu ac units are commonly installed on Sprinter class B RV’s such as the Revel and others.
Few have the battery system to run them for more than a few hrs, they assume shore power or a generator will be used.
Well my concerns were valid, the Vestwood 250ah 200 amp bms Ultra failed after a day or so. Charged it fully when I got it . Put it in my camper, converter set to lifepo4, turned off converter, ran the slide out out, takes 30 amps. Ran the slide in and the battery low voltage protection tripped and turned off discharge. Turned the converter back on to charge it and the over voltage protection tripped, now both the over and under voltage protections are tripped. And it’s not charging or discharging. I found an older version of the vestwoods app and was able to look at the individual cells. Cell 2 is at .8 volts while the other 3 are at 3.7 volts. Bad cell from the gitgo. First couple emails to the seller were answered in a couple days, it’s been 5 days and they haven’t answered my latest emails. It’s a $150 to ship it back, if I can’t get any results I may just disassemble the battery and do a YouTube review on its internals and build quality. There should be enough good cells to build my own to offset the costs.

Back