diy solar

diy solar

20 yr LifeP04 Batteries?

Rocksnsalt

Solar Enthusiast
It’s pretty common to see 10yr life span claims from LifeP04 battery sellers, but 20 yr?
An identical looking battery was claimed at 280ah until a month or so ago, now 260ah, (and the price has dropped about $200).
I do like the small form factor of this battery, and also now claiming a 250amp bms, but still no low temp protection. ?
I have not seen any reviews of this battery.
Anyone have any experience with Eco Worthy or DC House?

Attachments

• 26E8DC83-E897-4628-B57B-45B9FF1D91A1.png
    26E8DC83-E897-4628-B57B-45B9FF1D91A1.png
    682.1 KB · Views: 12
No personal experience, no, but regarding your statement on reviews - the reviews on Amazon are 10% one star. That would be a red flag to me, especially reading some of the one star reviews.

I am hoping to get 20 years out of my newly purchased Trophy batteries. I am still running my 11 year old Concorde Lifeline AGM batteries, but they are showing signs of age. I am grid tied and don't abuse the batteries. Hoping to get my new batteries installed soon - have some remodeling to do first.

No personal experience, no, but regarding your statement on reviews - the reviews on Amazon are 10% one star. That would be a red flag to me, especially reading some of the one star reviews.
I read a fair number of reviews and the thing about Amazon reviews is there are a lot of somewhat moronic ones.

And the bulk of the reviews are on smaller batteries being used as a trolling motor or something, or 100ah batteries which is not quite the same animal is a 260ah battery with a 250a bms.
I really dislike that about Amazon, you click on reviews for a particular battery and you get reviews on every battery by that seller. I understand the argument for having that but it would sure be nice just to be able to see reviews on a specific item.
And regardless I’d much rather see a review and teardown video by @Will Prowse or lithium Solar guy or similar. Even the goofy Hobotech guy, though I don’t feel his reviews are as objective. But he does usually run capacity tests etc. so that’s at least something.

Ten years from now I expect we will have a far superior battery technology at a lower price per kWh so I wouldn’t value a potential 20 year lifespan claim. Even if it were true.

Here is the response I received from the seller:

"Dear customer, this 260AH lithium battery cell are better and can withstand more deep deep cycles, thereby extending the life of the battery. if you have any other quetions, pls feel free to contact us."​

Ten years from now I expect we will have a far superior battery technology at a lower price per kWh so I wouldn’t value a potential 20 year lifespan claim. Even if it were true.
I get that. I have my doubts about 20 yrs myself.
I certainly hope for and think a superior technology will be available in the future. But even though I like the shiny new stuff as much as anyone, that doesn’t mean I’ll buy it if what I already have still works well for my use case and is not circling the drain.
I’m not trying to spend more money, increase my carbon footprint, and increase hazmat output simply to be on trend.

Last edited:
I get that. I have my doubts about 20 yrs myself.
I certainly hope for and think a superior technology will be available in the future. But even though I like the shiny new stuff as much as anyone, that doesn’t mean I’ll buy it if what I already have still works well for my use case and is not circling the drain.
I’m not trying to spend more money, increase my carbon footprint, and increase hazmat output simply to be on trend.
Well that’s the next hurdle in 10-20 yrs how do we dispose of these batteries?

Well that’s the next hurdle in 10-20 yrs how do we dispose of these batteries?
Well that’ll be an opportunity for some enterprising people. Same with old solar panels now.
There are pv systems installed 15, 20 and 30 years ago that are now obsolete or at some point stop functioning.
What becomes of those panels?

Back