diy solar

diy solar

ECO-WORTHY LiFeP04 Lithium 20/30Ah Battery opinion on ebay

JohnLM

** BATTERY ** LiFeP04 Lithium Iron Phosphate 20/30 Ah

I am trying to build a starter solar/battery system for my minivan.

To keep the weight down I would prefer a Lithium battery but they are expansive.
(A 100Ah lead/AGM battery is heavy and the risk of damage during shipping is scary)

Now I've been searching for nearly a week on batteries (and solar panels) and today, I found these
ECO-WORTHY LiFeP04 Lithium Iron Phosphate 12v 20Ah ($116ea) and 30Ah ($152ea) batteries.

1. I plan on obtaining between a 100-watt and 200-watt solar panel(s) for these batteries.
2. battery - in progress
3. inverter - aprox 150 to 300 watts

Solar build usage: I would like to use the following with solar and battery:
* 15in laptop, 120v ac adaptor, 90-watt - may use on some days (will not be using both laptops at the same time)
* 12in laptop, 120v ac adaptor 21-watt @ 0.28amp and possibly
* slow cooker, 120v, 95-watt - during the sunny days

I welcome your thoughts/opinions on these batteries, thank you.

$116ea - https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECO-WORTHY...ery-Deep-Cycle-Solar-LiFePO4-BMS/274358282035
$152ea - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eco-worthy...e-Battery-LiFePO4-BMS-Protection/274358282914

** todo: order one 30Ah battery today **

Okay, so no news or response to this post is good news to me. I will order the 30Ah battery today.
I still have not selected a solar panel. Still deciding on a 100-watt panel I am still reviewing and a 200-watt (2pc of 100w/ea) and an $83 flexible panel.
Also, I am still reviewing cheaper MPPT controller for $20-$30 range.

Hopefully, by today I will know what I want and order.

30Ah battery at 12 volts is only 360 watt hours ... How many watt hours do you need overnight?

Hi MBR. I will not be using this setup for night time. I am not campervan'ing at this time, just leisure during the sunny days at the park to get my feet wet in vanlife. This is a startup system and to learn how to put things together, etc.

I would say that at the most, I would be spending around 3 to 5 hours, (maybe 8 hours extreme once in a while), while in and around the minivan at the park.

Last edited:
Be careful buying flexible panels on eBay as the specs can be overrated and the quality lacking.

I was considering the Dokio foldable 200-watt, but after seeing a video recently of a user with this panel and the condition of in less than a year, I decided against it -- link to that video

..the first 10 seconds says it all.

I saw a 2pc 200-watt with good dimensions 35 inches in longest length. And I could fit two 100-watt panels on my rooftop with those.

I am thinking of shorter length panels instead of the longer ones so that I can fit two panels side-by-side if I place them lengthwise at the width axis (door to door, if that makes sense). I don't want to run panels lengthwise from the back of the roof rack to the front. I am thinking of *not* mounting them permanently (whether solid or flexible) on the roof - see red arrow in the image below. I want to fit two panels inside those rails, lengthwise. Instead, I will place them on the roof whenever I go to the park and take them down and into the minivan when I leave. But I'm not sure how I want to plan that setup yet.

roofrack.olds.sil.png

If you put the panels between the rails make sure that the rails do not shade the panels at any time.
That 30Ah LFP battery will have a 10 year life based on your occasional use so if you expand your use it will be too small. You might want to add a 12 volt fridge or ?

If you put the panels between the rails make sure that the rails do not shade the panels at any time.
That 30Ah LFP battery will have a 10 year life based on your occasional use so if you expand your use it will be too small. You might want to add a 12 volt fridge or ?

The plan is to adjust those two rails. Hopefully, they are adjustable. And, no fridge planned, though I do have one of those dorm fridges, the one with the piezo (or whatever its called) cooler piece, and it holds two 6paks of sodas. I could put some eggs and vegetables and give that a try. Course, I would cheat a little, by pre-starting the fridge in my apt and then bring to my minivan and connect it. Well, that's for a later test in the future.

I did not order the battery in question. I was too late to make it to CVS to "load" my pre-paid visa card. I don't make any online purchases with credit cards until the last minute using a reload visa card and linked to my paypal.

MBR or anyone, do you know if there are 100Ah AGM/sealed/lead acid batteries that are <30 lbs for around +/- $100 that I could order and have shipped to homedot? I could pick it up there and just put in my car. Then I would not worry about UPS/Fedex careless handling. Homedepot has a of batteries listed on their website but I'm not knowledgeable enough on those to select.

100Ah lead battery is gonna be 60lbs at best.
Check out Walmart for cheap deep discharge lead batteries.

After long and careful consideration, I went ahead and ordered the 30Ah Lithium battery because I didn't know how well I could maintain the charge of a lead-acid type battery on a regular base, especially since I will not be permanently mounting the solar panel to the minivan roof. Also, during really cold winter months, I can just carry the 7lbs battery into my warm apt for protection/storage.

Hi JohnLM, I have been watching that 12v 30AH battery and for $155 USD, very hard to beat. I did see this same seller selling the 20 & 30 AH battery on Amazon & eBay and on Amazon company person said a 3 year warranty abut on eBay I got a reply that it's only 6 mo! I replied back and it's been a few days no reply! Not sure this is really a trusted seller? Have you received your ECO-WORTHY 30 AH battery, when I did choose to purchase the 30 AH were all gone and was told not on order so no more, so I ordered 2 of the 20 AH, due this week. I will update this post when I know more and please update your post. Thanks, on Amazon 1 guy that just got his ECO-WORTHY did not last a few days, not a good sign.

I still have not received the Dokio 150 watt solar panel.

I received the battery last week or so but have not been able to test or use it since. My multimeter shows 13.31v, same as it was the day I received it.
I can't do any other test since I have nothing to test it with.

I did receive this device monitor but it came with no manual or instructions on how to attach it to whatever I want to use it with.

ebay - price $22.95 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YWVCBRN - Drok Monitor, 0-90V 100A DC Ammeter Voltmeter Battery Capacity Ah Wh with Hall Sensor

Hi all, I just got 1 of my ECO-WORTHY 20 AH battery and what's odd there is not label on the side of the battery like in the picture on Amazon or eBay? Does your have a big orange sticker/label? The only a green ECO-WORTHY label is on top in between the battery terminals, and nothing else! Also they shipped it buy UPS Econo and then handled off to the USPS and there were NO LITHIUM warning labels on the shipping box, and what I understand by DOT that's against the USPS law! Not to impressed with ECO-WORTHY at the moment. These LiFeP04 Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries can be very dangerous if they short or even cause a fire and not having a product label is very bad...JohnLM did your 30 AH battery have an orange label on 1 of the sides?

Sorry about your situation. My 30Ah battery arrived with a battery warning label on the outside package, and has the orange stickers on both sides and 'eco-worthy' sticker on top, like in the photos on the eBay website. However, I did notice some scuff marks on the battery. I would say my battery could be a used one, but I can't tell for sure until I can run it through a capacity test, and since I don't have any of those test equipments, I can't say for sure. But on another note, I did receive my solar panel.

Great to hear, the company asked for some pics but since the ECO-WORTHY are made in China and the US seller does not test or open the box and that would explain that they wanted pics. I was wrong there was a DOT Lithium sticker BUT the shipping person put the UPS shipping label on top of the DOT label....LOL

I was able to I guess discharge this so low that with my DVM read 1.75 volts total, so what I think the BMS did something to protect the cells that when I went to use a lithium charger it would not charge, because you need a BMS reset Lithium charger that the Duracell 4 amp charger that supports Lithium Lifepo4 batteries but no BMS reset. So after some research found on Amazon 2 Lithium charger that support BMS reset and got the OptiMATE Lithium 4s 0.8A, TM-471, and looks like it worked and has been charging it. But it's a very slow charger 0.8 amp, so I ordered a
CTEK (56-926) LITHIUM US 12 Volt Fully Automatic LiFePO4 Battery Charger as I can't wait days to fully recharge a 20 AH battery. I will report back, what was cool I connected my DVM and to the charger leads and about a minuet it was charging at 12.4 volts and an hour later was charging at bit over 13.3 v so I will wait until it's fully charged and see if it passes the test that OptiMATE charger goes thru.

My point if you fully discharge this or maybe other Lithium batteries maybe the BMS needs to be reset with 1 of these 2 chargers... So what I have read is DON'T buy a cheap charger, spend 1/2 to 1 full cost as 1 battery would cost as a really good charger WILL increase the life of the battery. I normally would buy the cheapest and the cheapest battery, this time I got the cheapest battery but got a high end charger and I expect that it will increase the life of the cheapest battery?

More to come.

Hi John,
How is your setup doing? I am starting my small solar project too and has been looking at this 30A batteries which is now $171.
I willl have one or two 220W panels, my load during the day is only 200W and I will switch to utilities at night.
I also just bought MPP SOLAR PIP-1012LV. I was looking into VMAX SLR60 for $189 so in the long run I believe the ECO-WORTHY 30A (which is equal to AGM 60A according to Will) will be better, I can add another one in the future but I am not sure if I can connect them in parallel or not..

Last edited:
small lithiums try "Amped Outdoors" (Wisconsin). Use "RXAngler" coupon at checkout for 10% off 30ah ($171 shipped).

Back