diy solar

diy solar

Orion 24/12 70A parallel install

JeffG

Hey all,

Just wanted to get opinions on this install, is it wired correctly.....are the wire sizes adequate....etc..

TIA for the input.

Jeff

Orion Install.jpg

Hey all,

Just wanted to get opinions on this install, is it wired correctly.....are the wire sizes adequate....etc..

TIA for the input.

Jeff

View attachment 212468
Make sure the input pos cable on left one is BELOW the cable between them, so you don't needlessly flow the whole current through both lugs. Same thing for right output, put the cable between units on top of the main output cable. No washers between anything except on the very top of stack.

Make sure the input pos cable on left one is BELOW the cable between them, so you don't needlessly flow the whole current through both lugs. Same thing for right output, put the cable between units on top of the main output cable. No washers between anything except on the very top of stack.
Thanks Dave, I will keep that in mind when installing. Do you think i got the wire sizes correct?

2/0 lug is gonna be hard to get on there. I'd suggest getting buss bars as it makes everything easier. Wire size looks good though

Back