diy solar

diy solar

Parallel battery voltage before using...

Mark-

Hello,

48 VDC LifePo4 batteries.

If you had two or more batteries wired to a bus bar and all the batteries were within 0.11 volt of each other, to place the batteries in service, would you turn each battery on or charge each battery until the voltage difference was less than 0.05 (or some small value) volts before placing the batteries in service?

Hello,

48 VDC LifePo4 batteries.

If you had two or more batteries wired to a bus bar and all the batteries were within 0.11 volt of each other, to place the batteries in service, would you turn each battery on or charge each battery until the voltage difference was less than 0.05 (or some small value) volts before placing the batteries in service?
I have done it at different gaps in voltage. (For testing purposes)
I Recommend 0.5v or less.
And I definitely do not recommend 3v. lol

I just connected 2 large 48V LiFePO4 batteries in parallel. They were 52.9V and 53.2V. They exchanged about 10A for an hour or 2, 4A after 10 hours and voltages were about the same a day later (i stopped caring after it got down to 4A).

.11V should be of no concern other than a possible spark (eye protection!).

I just connected 2 large 48V LiFePO4 batteries in parallel. They were 52.9V and 53.2V. They exchanged about 10A for an hour or 2, 4A after 10 hours and voltages were about the same a day later (i stopped caring after it got down to 4A).

.11V should be of no concern other than a possible spark (eye protection!).
Thanks

diy solar

diy solar
Back