diy solar

diy solar

PayPal updates..

Nobodybusiness

Collecting the leftovers of the Great Sky Reactor.
Effective September 19, 2022:

• U.S. business accounts will not be able to receive personal transactions from PayPal accounts outside the U.S. starting October 31, 2022.
  • U.S. PayPal accounts will not be able to send personal transactions to business accounts outside the U.S. starting October 31, 2022.

Effective September 19, 2022:

• U.S. business accounts will not be able to receive personal transactions from PayPal accounts outside the U.S. starting October 31, 2022.
  • U.S. PayPal accounts will not be able to send personal transactions to business accounts outside the U.S. starting October 31, 2022.
Well .... That sucks

Why? Why would you send a personal transaction (read: no buyer protection) to a business?

Personal transactions are "fee-free" for things like you and me to send some money to friends/family for whatever, not buying or selling of goods. I'm quite frankly surprised they hadn't prevented personal transactions to business accounts well before now.

Why? Why would you send a personal transaction (read: no buyer protection) to a business?

Personal transactions are "fee-free" for things like you and me to send some money to friends/family for whatever, not buying or selling of goods. I'm quite frankly surprised they hadn't prevented personal transactions to business accounts well before now.
You have to determine what it means.

What’s a personal Transaction?
Is it just a transaction from a personal account?
If so buying anything from China willl be off limits unless you have a business account.

I thought the distinction was between friends and family or good and services .... not the type of account.

I thought the distinction was between friends and family or good and services .... not the type of account.
You read the updates.

It doesn’t mention goods or service or friends or family.

Just no personal transactions to business outside the US.

You read the updates.

It doesn’t mention goods or service or friends or family.

Just no personal transactions to business outside the US.
I wasn't referring to the update .... I was referring to Sparky's comment .... This is turning into a "who's on first" conversation.

I wasn't referring to the update .... I was referring to Sparky's comment .... This is turning into a "who's on first" conversation.
All I’m telling you is you should probably get clarification before it takes affect.

What constitutes a “personal transaction”.
If it is just a Personal account then buying anything In China with PayPal is done without a business account.

It is "personal transactions" that are being blocked.

"Business transactions" include an individual buying a product from a business.

How stupid would PayPal/eBay be to block internal transactions involving individuals?

Seems like they could have done a better job of defining "personal transactions."

It is "personal transactions" that are being blocked.

"Business transactions" include an individual buying a product from a business.

How stupid would PayPal/eBay be to block internal transactions involving individuals?
You 100% sure ?

Doesn’t matter to me I have a business account.

I just put it up as Information.

I (an individual) wants to send money to a business in exchange for goods/services = business transaction = fees assessed as this.
I (an individual) wants to send money to bob my friend overseas for a gift = personal transaction = no fee.

the intent is to not cross pollinate the "Friends and family" no fee option to a business transactions (aka buying something from a business in china)

I (an individual) wants to send money to a business in exchange for goods/services = business transaction = fees assessed as this.
I (an individual) wants to send money to bob my friend overseas for a gift = personal transaction = no fee.

the intent is to not cross pollinate the "Friends and family" no fee option to a business transactions (aka buying something from a business in china)
I think it would probably be a good idea if they dis-allowed any friends and family type transaction to a business account.
There's a thread on here where several people lost a lot of money trying to get around PayPal fees.

Yeah I read it again and your right.
I have a friend in Barbados who mentioned to me about two years ago that he recently got blocked from sending money to his Mother in America via PayPal. Evidently the government over there saw it as a loop hole in their Banking and Tax system and requested that Paypal block all accounts on the Island.

I guess that this was going to become global at some point.

Last edited:
BTW are you guys saying this cash is sent with no charges?
I remember that I asked an old coworker a couple of years ago to buy something for me on Craigslist and ship it to me. He said no problem just send me a payment via my email address on PayPal for the item and shipping. Then he called me back and said I needed to add on 3.5% to cover the PayPal fees. The item was not cheap so I think it cost me $80 extra.
Did I pay money that was really not charged?

BTW are you guys saying this cash is sent with no charges?
I remember that I asked an old coworker a couple of years ago to buy something for me on Craigslist and ship it to me. He said no problem just send me a payment via my email address on PayPal for the item and shipping. Then he called me back and said I needed to add on 3.5% to cover the PayPal fees. The item was not cheap so I think it cost me $80 extra.
Did I pay money that was really not charged?
Maybe PayPal didn't have a personal transfer option back then, or maybe you paid via the "wrong" form of payment?

Screenshot_20220816-065606.png

Screenshot_20220816-065622.png

Back