diy solar

diy solar

PayPal updates..

Thanks. I paid using a Visa Card so I assume it's the 2.9% + Fixed Fee.
I don't know what the fixed fee is but I assume it worked out to 3.5% total.

I mentioned this to a friend today and the first thing he said was "I bet this has to do with further clamping down on Russia".
Made sense to me when I am hearing that their are people using hundreds of accounts to transfer money out everyday.
His second question was does this effect services like buying software or paying for VPN services etc that may originate from another country?
I told him I had no idea.

I messaged PayPal support to attempt to get clarification of what the language ..... personal transaction ... meant. After going back and forth 3 times to clarify what I was asking, they said that it is referring to sending money via friends and family to a business account .... which they already had a previous exclusion for.
So .... unfortunately I'm not confident the answers I got from them were accurate .... The support people seemed to be English challenged and If they were referring to friends and family transactions, it seems like it would have been best to just use that language instead of introducing something obscure like personal transaction.

I messaged PayPal support to attempt to get clarification of what the language ..... personal transaction ... meant. After going back and forth 3 times to clarify what I was asking, they said that it is referring to sending money via friends and family to a business account .... which they already had a previous exclusion for.
So .... unfortunately I'm not confident the answers I got from them were accurate .... The support people seemed to be English challenged and If they were referring to friends and family transactions, it seems like it would have been best to just use that language instead of introducing something obscure like personal transaction.
This is just so confusing.
The very first line is confusing!
The first line "Effective Sept 19 2022 " and then it ends by saying it "Starts Oct 31 2022"

On this very first point, when does it go into effect? the 19th or 31st?

The rest of it is just more confusion with "Business Account" and "Personal Transaction". They need to clarify what that means to us in the real world.

I debated about starting a new thread .... but decided to re-open this old thread.

I haven't bought anything via Alibaba for quite a while and am considering a purchase from Docan Technology. They are still listing PayPal as a payment option .... but I guess that could be a business to business transaction.

Has anyone recently done a PayPal transaction from Docan or another Alibaba business utilizing a personal account?

Was the confusion over their terminology ever cleared up?

The change effects personal transactions. As in sending a friend money. Not purchase transactions, the exchange of money for goods or services.

Back