diy solar

diy solar

Physical switch for Shore Power limit?

jcbarr23

What does it take to have a physical switch that toggles shore power limit between say 15A and 30A? I know many chargers have this in their settings/on their remote screens, but how many of them allow control in a separate physical switch? Maybe through Home Assistant?

I'm assuming Victron allows this through Cerbo GX. With what others can I accomplish this?

Thanks

What does it take to have a physical switch that toggles shore power limit between say 15A and 30A? I know many chargers have this in their settings/on their remote screens, but how many of them allow control in a separate physical switch? Maybe through Home Assistant?

I'm assuming Victron allows this through Cerbo GX. With what others can I accomplish this?

Thanks

Victron also has a remote panel that allows you to set AC input current limit with a knob:

If you have either the USB or the Bluetooth dongles for the Victron Multiplus you can change the AC input amps that way. So there are multiple ways to get a Multiplus to do what you want. I have the MK3 USB dongle, but I use the Cerbo GX/Touch 50 to adjust the AC input amps.

While I'm rarely in campgrounds, I have found that I change the AC input parameter more often than I thought I would. I connect to shore power at home only when I need to run the air conditioner while preparing the trailer for trip or cleaning it after a trip. I set a 15 amp limit in that case. When I'm boondocking (or doing the monthly maintenance of the generator) I set the input to 45 amps.

Back