diy solar

diy solar

PIP 2724LV-MR

Wolfwhistle

I've noticed in the last couple of days that the built-in 25A MPPT doesn't attempt to enter Bulk mode. I asked Ian (watts247) and include his suggestion and was what I had already tried. Settings look like this: Option 5 set for user defined (USE), 26=29.2v, 27=27.6v, 29=21.3v per AmpereTime manual. Also, 01=Utility first and both Utility and Solar can charge when available at 25A total. Essentially, voltage at the battery never exceeds the Float setting, while charging watts stays quite low - 7w to about 21w. To get higher charging watts that the panel is ready to deliver, I changed option 27 to 29.2v and then saw 300w out of this 395w panel. Note: panels in the clear 9AM to 2PM on a clear sunny winter day, a few days ago. I didn't try setting 27 for a value between 27.6v and 29.2v to know what that would have done. Here's the other thing, when set to 29.2v (Float) and saw that 300w (yay!), the charger would cycle between that high number and nearly nothing (or nearly so) - off and on - off and on, very slowly with it staying high or low for several minutes each time. So, Ian told me that the battery controls this. And, to me this doesn't seem to be true... certainly not what my EpEver and Victron systems ever did. Same brand battery but 12v systems. I think permanently setting Float to 29.2v is too high. Maybe lower by 0.6v or so and see what happens. The other thing I will try to see what the battery will accept, is to plug into Utility power and see if it cycles off and on or not. My gut tells me this is a glitch in the AIO, but I could obviously be wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Can admin delete this post please. I posted new with correct and more pertinent info. Thanks

Back