diy solar

diy solar

pitiless adaptor size

e67

I want to swap out the white PVC drop pipe 15 ft sections for black poly with a new pump also. I think I remember the white pipe being 1 and 1/8 diameter...??does that sound right? If so will my 1 inch black roll pipe fit on the pitiless adaptor?? the installers 8 years ago either used adaptors themselves to mate it up or I will need to use adaptors...what do you think?

There is no "1-1/8" pipe size, most well pumps use 1-1/4". (some use 1" or 1-1/2" but not as common).
Black poly (HDPE) is easy to work with, especially if you warm up the plastic a bit before assembly. A heat gun works well for this.

My well pipe is blue outside with white inside. You can't use just any pipe for well water if you are going to drink it.

Mine is 1.25" and along side it is a nylon or similar rope to hole the weight and a 12/2 romex. The pump is 1hp and the well is 250ft deep, pump at 230ft, water at 90ft.

My well pipe is blue outside with white inside. You can't use just any pipe for well water if you are going to drink it.

Mine is 1.25" and along side it is a nylon or similar rope to hole the weight and a 12/2 romex. The pump is 1hp and the well is 250ft deep, pump at 230ft, water at 90ft.
I hope it's not romex.

I hope it's not romex.

To be honest I am not sure what they used - I suppose I could take the well cap and look at where the tied the line in. The tap for water out is about 10ft down. The well is 250ft deep with water t 90ft and the pump at 230ft. With the 1hp pump it is around 10gpm.

They originally put in a 1/2hp pump and told me it was 150ft deep with water at 90ft. That is right on the curve.

For the 3rd replacement I had a different company come out and see how deep the well really was and where the water was. It called for a 1hp motor from the start... .. this guy was scratching his head at the bungled job of the original folks. He used a plumb bob on a string with a counter to find things... and I did the math from the measurements imprinted on the pipe and they matched him.

So I figure they just didn't have a 1hp on the truck that day and put in the 1/2hp. Then fudged the numbers on the papers. Then I apparently made the mistake of calling the original guys twice and they just put on what they took off.

Anyone know how to get a discount on an order over 1000 at Aqua Science online store..? there usually is one around somewhere..

Back