diy solar

diy solar

Placing PV Meter

Fearless

I submitted my plans to the city and they said I needed to show a PV production meter. My plan man came up with what's below. The city guy responded with "The PV meter will need to be after the AC disconnect and main panel. Currently it is after the main meter on the one line.

I don't understand what he wants me to do. Does anyone here know? Thanks

8.png

I'm curious, is the City also your utility?

When I've seen "PV production meter" they are typically to referring how much energy your PV system is making.

Is he referring to a utility style meter base? If so I *think* he might want it where I've circled in red below. It's the only place I can see where to put a standard AC meter to measure production but now that I've bumped this post hopefully someone more familiar with it can jump in and straighten me out.

1705085089445.png

I'm curious, is the City also your utility?

When I've seen "PV production meter" they are typically to referring how much energy your PV system is making.

Is he referring to a utility style meter base? If so I *think* he might want it where I've circled in red below. It's the only place I can see where to put a standard AC meter to measure production but now that I've bumped this post hopefully someone more familiar with it can jump in and straighten me out.

View attachment 188534
Yeah, the city is also the electric company.

Back