diy solar

diy solar

Please explain series parallel question

TheeBigGuy

Very simple question for you experienced solar fans...If I am correct 3S 1P means 3 panels in parallel (even though that seems like 4 panels to me)..Could someone please explain why 3 panels in parallel is called 3 Series 1 Parallel...Why is it simply not called 3P?...thanks in advance

3S 1P means 3 panels in parallel
where does it say that
??????????????????????????????????????????????

Very simple question for you experienced solar fans...If I am correct 3S 1P means 3 panels in parallel (even though that seems like 4 panels to me)..Could someone please explain why 3 panels in parallel is called 3 Series 1 Parallel...Why is it simply not called 3P?...thanks in advance
Three panels in parallel is called 3P, so you are already an expert. If you want to waste some extra characters, you can also call it 3P1S, or 1S3P.

3S1P means one parallel string where that one string contains 3 panels in series. If you see 1S or 1P then you can drop it. So 3S1P is really just 3S. That's 3 panels in series.

xSyP always means that you have x times y panels. Think of the xSyP as a rectangle with columns and rows where x is the number of columns and y is the number of rows. The panels in a given row are wired together in series. The rows are wired together in parallel. All rows have the same number of panels - x.

So when you see xSyP there will be y rows of panels. Each row will contain x panels.

If you only see xS then assume one row. If you only see yP then assume each of the y rows only has 1 panel.

Why should I use four characters to express it when I can express it in simple two characters? At least I am, it doesn't make much sense. The series-parallel connection of 3S1P is not the kind of *P*S with more than a dozen batteries. Why do I need to tap the keyboard twice more?

Why should I use four characters to express it when I can express it in simple two characters?
You wouldn't. No one, once they understand the nomenclature, would write 3S1P, just 3S.

Can't be called 3p because 3s is three in series. 3p would be three in parallel.

Why should I use four characters to express it when I can express it in simple two characters? At least I am, it doesn't make much sense. The series-parallel connection of 3S1P is not the kind of *P*S with more than a dozen batteries. Why do I need to tap the keyboard twice more?
Yes, I know how exhausting typing can get. Those two extra characters would flatten some people right into the ground.

Back