diy solar

diy solar

Please Help Size a LiPo Battery for My Portable Air Compressor

EricR

Hi All,

I have a small portable RV air compressor that you typically connect to a car battery as a power source. If possible, I would like to attach a small LiPo battery to the compressor an eliminate the need to string the power cord to my truck battery. In other words, to have the compressor and it's power source always be together.

Below are the specs from the manufacturer's website. The manual states it will inflate a tire on my trailer in 3 minutes, and a tire on my truck in 4:30 minutes. Adding some margin, please size the battery for at least 10 minutes of compressor run time.

Also, it would be a bonus if you showed your work so I can do similar for myself in the future!

Thanks!

Viair_400P_Specs.jpg
Viair_400P.jpg

This looks like a solution looking for a problem. I have the continuous duty version of that (the other version is faster) with the “RV kit” with the extra hose. The electronic gauge is also a must have simply for the locking end.

I’d much rather clip in onto my battery than jacking around with another power source. Keep in mind that these get fairly hot and you wouldn’t want an attached power source.

Works like a peach to air up tires on a 35’ deck over gooseneck and 28’ cargo trailer. Not the fastest in the world but it gets it done.

YMMV.

Back