diy solar

diy solar

PMReset Victron 100/30 Controller

jwh92020

I just received a used Victron Smart Solar 100/30 for my homeless shelter build. The guy who donated it said it is set for lithium batteries and 24v. How do I reset it to AGM & 12v? He said I need to rest it before I connect it to the system. I'm new to the solar world, so any help will be appreciated.

I just did this yesterday. Its super easy if you have an iPhone (sorry, thats the only way i tried)...
Download the VictronConnect app from Apple store. Connect 100/30 to battery to power it up (hmmm, using current voltage setting probably important?).
Launch app. Perform firmware updates if prompted - about a minute to do.
Select your SCC from list if there is more than one around.
Once connected,
There is a gear in the upper right for settings. First item is "Battery". You can set the voltage and battery preset is the 4th item.

(hmmm, using current voltage setting probably important?).
Not to be confused with talking to myself, this time at least...

After thinking about this, it pretty much has to accept being connected to any of its supported voltages to be able to configure it to the "working voltage".

But getting all this configured BEFORE connecting to an array is probably very important.

Thank you for the info. I put the app on my phone last night. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Back