diy solar

diy solar

Portable panel kit

Scycle

I found a Sunwanderer SWD200-12P portable panel kit at a great price, but it is set up in parallel with it's own controller for LA, gel or agm, but looks well built with legs, handle, case and cables. I planned on making my own portable kit but in series with the SCC in my RV and this kit is cheaper than I could buy two panels, then I have to hinge, add legs, etc. My question is if I could remove their PWM SCC rewire the combiner box in series and connect it to my SCC to charge lithium? Are sunwanderer panels any good?

Attachments

• sunwanderer-portable-solar-200w-12v-swd200.jpg
    sunwanderer-portable-solar-200w-12v-swd200.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 6
You could do that.

Have you checked voltages yet? Most of these portable panels are in parallel around 20 volts for a 12 volt PWM, but some are in series already at 36 volts for a 24 volt PWM.

After you do this, will it match the panels on your van? The math is in my signature block.

I prefer different SCCs for diffeeent panel types and have 3 MPPTs on my RV for three different arrays.

You could do that.

Have you checked voltages yet? Most of these portable panels are in parallel around 20 volts for a 12 volt PWM, but some are in series already at 36 volts for a 24 volt PWM.

After you do this, will it match the panels on your van? The math is in my signature block.

I prefer different SCCs for diffeeent panel types and have 3 MPPTs on my RV for three different arrays.
I'm going to scrap that idea, I think the company is a scam because I tried to buy something else from them and wouldn't except my credit card and wanted another form of payment and they don't have a phone number.

Back