diy solar

diy solar

Positive Youtube reviews

Also, I have several WZLRB/Reliable inverters and I've never had any trouble with them other than the one I received from "Amazon Warehouse Deals" that was DOA.

My experience with WZRELB / Reliable matches yours. I picked up the 3kw split phase 48v model on Black Friday. Support answered questions in a timely fashion. All good so far!

My experience with WZRELB / Reliable matches yours. I picked up the 3kw split phase 48v model on Black Friday. Support answered questions in a timely fashion. All good so far!
I've been curious about how well those handle surge for a well pump backup. An Aims is $1k or more so I'm always interested in cheaper options.

I've been curious about how well those handle surge for a well pump backup. An Aims is $1k or more so I'm always interested in cheaper options.

My tests so far have been fairly basic. I boiled the kettle, ran the microwave, and mowed the yard on the built in outlets. I’ve since wired it to the house and it is running all the base load, french door fridge, laptop, monitor, lights and gas furnace blower. I have not tried much else as it’s only the 3k. It says it soft starts and than seems to correlate with the spikes from some of the devices. I don’t know what your well pump needs but would feel confident the appropriately sized one of these could handle it. Would love to try the higher rated ones myself but my battery bank needs an upgrade to make it worth it.

My well pump is a 3 wire with the big capacitor starter and draws 2400w running, I keep forgetting to write down the startup surge on it but it doesn't hit the generator very hard on startup. Kinda wondering if the 3kw unit would do it, need to step up to the 4k, or just eat the expense of an Aims/Sungold. It would be the backup system.

My well pump is a 3 wire with the big capacitor starter and draws 2400w running, I keep forgetting to write down the startup surge on it but it doesn't hit the generator very hard on startup. Kinda wondering if the 3kw unit would do it, need to step up to the 4k, or just eat the expense of an Aims/Sungold. It would be the backup system.
I am using a sungold 4k 24/240 for a 3/4 hp at 360 ft. Works well. Not quite,as expensive as an aims.

I once tried a 12A vacuum cleaner on the 48V 1500W model and it instantly blue the DC fuses. Popped in new fuses and it was good to go. I'd say the answer to your question is "not very well" but I don't think the inverter is the limiting factor. Lol.

Back