diy solar

diy solar

power optimizer recommendation and implementation tips

amit5674

Hi all,
I'm looking for solar power optimizer to implement in my system so at first I'm asking for some recommended products\specific models.
In addition I have few questions:
1. Is it recommended to impalement both power optimizer and charge controller? or even possible? it make sense that it does but I didn't see much topologies which contains them both.
2. what does it means MPPT power optimizer? the charge controller or AIO inverter should handle the MPPT process no?
3. does power optimizer also fit for residential usage?
thanks.

To clarify:
You have a lot of shading on your panels?
You are talking about microinverters?
Not sure what you mean by power optimizer...

list of some power optimizer to clarify what I mean
https://www.sol-ark.com/optimizers/
https://he.aliexpress.com/item/1005004894110974.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2isr
And regarding to you questions, I'm basically asking for better understanding the solutions and products for solar systems.
As I understood, the power optimizer and microiverters are different solutions which both are capable of optimize DC to DC power (in case of shading some of the solar panel for example)
thanks

Independent DC optimizers usually don't work out well. They can confuse the central PV charge controller's MPPT search. System can end up spending a lot of time off the maximum MPPT point thereby losing cumulative power yield.

SolarEdge is a central inverter system that remote controls their individual panel optimizers under the management of central inverter. SolarEdge central inverter leaves the MPPT duties to individual optimizers to avoid interaction confusion.

All optimizers must have their own MPPT control for individual panel with individual DC to DC converter to adjust the available panel power output voltage to current ratio from their DC to DC converter to match output current of series connected panels.

Last edited:
Back