diy solar

diy solar

Powering a small refer?

@hardtop - thanks for the writeup and pics! Just like we were there. And it made me hungry!

Not many people follow up, so I appreciate it.

But of course a true-followup would be pics of how those steaks and broccoli look when cooked! :)

@hardtop - thanks for the writeup and pics! Just like we were there. And it made me hungry!

Not many people follow up, so I appreciate it.

But of course a true-followup would be pics of how those steaks and broccoli look when cooked! :)

Below is 1 pound of steak and 6 eggs. I don't have much, but I do have steak n' eggs every day!

Ti8o7mO.jpg

Broccoli and 40 pounds of steak:

3WKeBiW.jpg

ZSmemCx.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of steak is that? It looks like chuck roast to me. Anyways, my bougeRV 23q fridge uses exactly 38wh per 24hours cooling to below 40 degrees in 75 degree weather. When there is even a little bit of sun about during the day, even a small battery can keep me running indefinitely.
Running a small DC fridge is about the easiest target for off grid. Even in hot weather.

What kind of steak is that? It looks like chuck roast to me. Anyways, my bougeRV 23q fridge uses exactly 38wh per 24hours cooling to below 40 degrees in 75 degree weather. When there is even a little bit of sun about during the day, even a small battery can keep me running indefinitely.
Running a small DC fridge is about the easiest target for off grid. Even in hot weather.
Amazing refer you have there. That is a fuel sipper only using 48wh in 24 hours in warm weather. Supported by the Miady 16ah (204wh), you could power it for more than 5 days.

But mine is better because it cuts up chuck roasts into 1 pound slices, it BBQ's and it will beer anyone within range at a snap of the fingers. It also plays back Formula 1 races on the weekends, but I didn't really "need" that.

Amazing refer you have there. That is a fuel sipper only using 48wh in 24 hours in warm weather. Supported by the Miady 16ah (204wh), you could power it for more than 5 days.

But mine is better because it cuts up chuck roasts into 1 pound slices, it BBQ's and it will beer anyone within range at a snap of the fingers. It also plays back Formula 1 races on the weekends, but I didn't really "need" that.
Well, it's a pretty small fridge. Couldn't fit that much chuck roast in there and have room to beer anybody but myself. :). But, I could fit quite a few tenderloins in there. Bacon wrapped tenderloins and eggs with potatoes O'brian. Potatoes and eggs are cheap, I wait for a sale on the tenderloins.

diy solar

diy solar
Back