diy solar

diy solar

Problems with SolisCloud app and website

RichardMole

I have a Solis RAI-3k-48ES-5G inverter connected to batteries and a separate PV panel inverter (Solar Edge). I am trying to monitor the power flows around the Solis inverter using the SolisCloud app and/or the SolisCloud website. (They both show the same data).

Problems are:
- Power flow to/from grid is back to front (Import shown as export, &vv). (Yes, the CT on the grid connection is the right way round)
- Today Yield from PV is always shown as zero (though the Solis inverter is reading this info correctly from the CT on the connection to the PV inverter)
- (Power to/from battery appears to show correctly)
- Power to/from house is always wrong because it is not measured directly but is calculated from the other 3.

Does anyone else have these problems with SolisCloud?

Does anyone know what to do to correct them? I have opened a support ticket with Solis but have had little back from them sofar.

I'm not seeing those problems. I get slight discrepancies between what the inverter/cloud are reporting and what my meter says for import/export, but they are only tiny amounts.

Can you post a screen shot highlighting which figures are wrong?

Good that it works for you. To be fair to Solis support, they have been working on it today. Here's a screenshot from 1624 today (after dark, so PV output has to be zero)
IMG_1303.PNG
Unfortunately it always shows Today Yield as zero, even when the sun is shining and the PV is charging the battery.

Still, we will see what Solis can do. It's useful info to know that the app works for some people, thanks.

Yes, that's certainly not right. Although I do see strange readings at times, I think because each value is read separately and they are snapshots of what is going on at five minute intervals. I do see odd zero figures when it is obvious they shouldn't be.

I got this message from Solis support today...

" I have escalated the issue to concern team. After multiple customers feedback we came to an conclusion that there is some logic issue , soon they will resolve it."

I have just had a small (8 panel) system installed at my home and I am trying to undertsnad what I am seeing in the app (unfortunately the electrican that hooked me up had only been on the (Solar) job for a week and didn't know how the app worked).
I note (above) a reference to Solis Support - do they have a UK telehpne number?

I have just had a small (8 panel) system installed at my home and I am trying to undertsnad what I am seeing in the app (unfortunately the electrican that hooked me up had only been on the (Solar) job for a week and didn't know how the app worked).
I note (above) a reference to Solis Support - do they have a UK telehpne number?
I have just posted "Solis UK contact info" in the Product Manuals forum. Not quite appropriate but it seemed like the best place.

I got this message from Solis support today...

" I have escalated the issue to concern team. After multiple customers feedback we came to an conclusion that there is some logic issue , soon they will resolve it."
A further update on 6 January:
"this problem has been optimized. It is currently in the scheduling test and is expected to be released by the end of February."

Good that it works for you. To be fair to Solis support, they have been working on it today. Here's a screenshot from 1624 today (after dark, so PV output has to be zero)
View attachment 126863
Unfortunately it always shows Today Yield as zero, even when the sun is shining and the PV is charging the battery.

Still, we will see what Solis can do. It's useful info to know that the app works for some people, thanks.
Same inverter, but my SolisCloud shows just a blank space at the top left.

How odd.

Problems are:
- Power flow to/from grid is back to front (Import shown as export, &vv). (Yes, the CT on the grid connection is the right way round)
I suspect you've already played with this setting but have you tried changing the 'CT Direction' in the inverter (forward and reverse)?

View attachment 126863

Same as mine, I still get this even after the latest upgrade 15/04/23

Same as mine.Always been zero in the yield display. I just kinda assumed that the App was not fit for purpose and that everyone else had the same problem.

Looking back at this now, I think the reason mine is fine and OPs is not is that I have a RHI inverter and the poster's is RAI. I'm sure I saw something somewhere else about the yield figure not working for RAI inverters.

I have other issues with the app since the recent "upgrade".

Update (kinda) on the zero yield field.
Today June 23, 2023, Solis tell me:
"Our cloud team is working it. It will be resolve very soon. Please be patience."

Hello all,

I've had same issue, but has been solved by Solis team via ticket:
1) Update of Firmware of RAI, which activates the PV symbol in SolisCloud app
2) CT of PV needs to be connected on the same phase, where the RAI is supplied with! Otherwise the power calculation will be wrong due to phase shift (I multiplied with wrong U).

I hope this will also solve your issues.
The yield resolution is 0.1kW, but matches rather good with values from PV inverter now.

Greetings

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back