diy solar

diy solar

programming the Epever Tracer-BN Series MPPT

rharms

how difficult is it to program the Epever Tracer-BN Series MPPT for LiFePO4?

Very easy with the MT50 meter. Look up Wills video on BB recommended setting for LiFePo. He clearly walks you thru needed settings.

Thank You. I did search his site, but found nothing. I guess I need to look again. Again, thank you.

User settings from the suggested video have been applied to my newly installed system but the battery icon on MT50 are not matching up with actual charge in batteries???E3C13152-EB92-426C-B258-6590F234D956.jpeg

User settings from the suggested video have been applied to my newly installed system but the battery icon on MT50 are not matching up with actual charge in batteries???View attachment 1135
I found the battery icon on the mt50 is pretty inaccurate also. If you really want the real stats on your system what I did was purchased the Aili battery monitor with the 350amp shunt from Amazon. It is $43 or a little cheaper with a smaller shunt. Bigger leaves room for system upgrades.
It does everything the Victron does but Bluetooth. Victron is $200. Meter allows you to set your battery capacity. Pretty easy install and set up. Pretty accurate.

Will has a video about this titled,
$200 Victron solar battery monitor?
Try this $30 Chinese one instead.

Lots of info about it

Thx for reply... installing BMV-702 as we speak.
got a deal (open box) hopefully nothing is damaged or missing lol

Back