diy solar

diy solar

Puzzling GFCI issue and battery drop

American-Thunder

Hi All,

I have a puzzling issue in my travel trailer setup. To give a little background I have a 24v Growatt 3000w inverter installed in a travel trailer with two 12v 200AH Lifepo4 batteries in series. I have the shore power connected direct to the inverter and inverter is set to Utility first feeding the coach shore power when available and charging the batteries if needed.

For the past several months it has performed flawlessly on and off grid and until sometime in the last week. We have been plugged in at a park the past few weeks and this morning I woke to an almost dead battery and no power in the coach outlets. Realizing the GFCI was tripped I tried to reset it and it would not. I unplugged from shore power and the GFCI resets. I plug into our generator and the GFCI does not trip. Upon arriving home I plugged back into the plug the coach is always plugged into and the GFCI trips:unsure:

Now back to the battery issue. This is my victron shunt for the past 14 days. For the first 5 or so days the inverter/shorepower was fine keeping the batteries between 80-100% then it just goes down over last several days which I would assume was because we were running the AC and the AIO wasn't charging batts only solar was. The line that goes straight up is when I started the generator this morning. Shunt issue or??? My victron Smartsolar MPPT reads float 100%.

So really my two questions that are puzzling me is the GFCI and the sudden battery dump and then its filled back up almost instantly? I'm guessing the two are related but I am not sure how..LOL Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20230701_090030.jpg

Last edited:
You could try replacing the GFCI to see if the one you have is damaged. However any GFCI can have problems as the feed for an AIO or UPS.

You could try replacing the GFCI to see if the one you have is damaged. However any GFCI can have problems as the feed for an AIO or UPS.
That doesnt seem to be the issue. It seems that when I connect shore power the growatt "clicks" several times thus tripping the breaker whereas when I start the generator it only clicks once which I imagine is it switching from battery to the generator.

I'm thinking the two issues are unrelated as I am reading other having an issue with the charger not kicking in till low voltage cutoff is reached. This is the first time it was connected to shore power for that long maybe thats its. Every time I adjust that it reverts so I am missing something here.

Back