diy solar

diy solar

PV mostly going to grid, not battery

Rjessy

Hi,

Sorry if I’ve missed an answer to this in another thread. I’ve read many and do assume the issue is the charge limitation but on this new install any sunny days we see anything where PV is greater than load, that only .26kw max is charging, then the rest is being dumped back to the grid (frustratingly as I’ve not yet had my export meter installed!). With it being Christmas holidays, my installer is not available.

Attached is a picture or two, that might help people. Working with a Solis inverter and Dyness batteries (2x 4.8)

Attachments

• IMG_2473.png
    IMG_2473.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2461.jpeg
    IMG_2461.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2460.jpeg
    IMG_2460.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 15
Hi,

Sorry if I’ve missed an answer to this in another thread. I’ve read many and do assume the issue is the charge limitation but on this new install any sunny days we see anything where PV is greater than load, that only .26kw max is charging, then the rest is being dumped back to the grid (frustratingly as I’ve not yet had my export meter installed!). With it being Christmas holidays, my installer is not available.

Attached is a picture or two, that might help people. Working with a Solis inverter and Dyness batteries (2x 4.8)
Maybe @Patrick sv can help.. he has Solis and is familiar with the settings..

Hi,

just wondering why the charge limit is set to 10a... was this by the installer...how much is PV producing ...?

just wondering why the charge limit is set to 10a... was this by the installer...how much is PV producing ...?
Installer set that. Dyness manual suggests safe limit is 50a per battery and I’ve two. Do I set it to 50, 100 or something else?

With limited good weather so far I’ve still see 3kw from PV and that’s vs very little load from our house.

What temperature are your batteries at? The limit is likely coming from the BMS.

Back