diy solar

diy solar

Pylontech Battery Fault

The battery BMS board (tarjeta de control in Spanish) has been replaced and the battery returned to me and the system is now working again with the two batteries.

Since the error previously occurred occasionally in the past with gaps of days or weeks in between we won't know for sure if this BMS board replacement was the correct solution to stop the error until some time has passed - maybe a month or two.

This also confirms that the guarantee's vaidity has been accepted in spite of using the battery with an inverter with no communication. I was not charged for the replacement.
Hello Mendoza, do you have photos of The bms board? Thanks

Pylontech sent me this guide to replacing the part (and you can see the picture of it) but when I saw it I decided to get my local solar shop to do it for me rather than do it myself. So I never opened the battery or saw inside myself.

Attachments

• SOP of PCB Replacement-C-version-1.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 66
6 weeks since the BMS board was replaced; error has not repeated; not even once. Looks likely the correct fix was done.

The battery charge levels still go out of alignment by 2% - 5% as before, e.g. one battery might be at 68% and another at 72%. So likely that has nothing to do with the problem.

6 weeks since the BMS board was replaced; error has not repeated; not even once. Looks likely the correct fix was done.

The battery charge levels still go out of alignment by 2% - 5% as before, e.g. one battery might be at 68% and another at 72%. So likely that has nothing to do with the problem.

That's probably just the typical imperfect load sharing in parallel batteries.

I have an issue with one of my batteries, could you tell me where the board was sent from if not Pylontech direct and which company swapped the board for you.
The battery has been perfect but now has the overcharge light on. I have tried all sorts of different combinations and also the battery on its own but still no change. When I connect just the one battery the Luxpower software shows as per the picture below but the red light is on????? HELP MEScreenshot (1).png

Esol, here in Santiago, Chile swopped the board for me. That was the company I bought the battery from.

It´s not clear to me what the solution is for you or to what extent it´s similar or different to my case, sorry.

Back