diy solar

diy solar

Raspberry Pi Solar Assistant

Siamac

Can anyone help me figure out how to get a Raspberry Pi and install Solar Assistant on it? And how to connect it to my AIO inverter?

Thanks

Can anyone help me figure out how to get a Raspberry Pi and install Solar Assistant on it? And how to connect it to my AIO inverter?

Thanks
Very broad request. You can get a raspberry pi from multiple sources and once you have a license you can download SA and create a boot disk. Alternatively you can purchase an Orange Pi directly from SA with the software pre-installed. Connecting to your inverter depends on the brand and model.

I recently went through the process. If you follow their directions which were posted above, it's very easy to get started.

Raspberry Pi 3 or newer, start there, then you need a cable, had to make one to connect to USB to the inverter port on my MPP Solar 2424LV. Also get a power supply that is AC, not DC as that will throw power issues all the time. I moved mine to a AC Pi adapter and works great now. I did buy the Pi and installed SA from SA. Of course your inverter MUST be supported by SA. I can send pics of my cable if you need. Pi 5 can do keyboard and monitor, but seriously just use your phone.

Take a look at these two threads for building a cable.

This is the ideal in my opinion pi setup for solar assistant.

This gives you good cpu power so its fast, hdmi out so you can use a touch screen later if you want, onboard long life storage drive so no sd cards failing all the time, and read to go out of the box.

Buy that for $60 and then buy solar assistant and your ready to go.

diy solar

diy solar
Back