diy solar

diy solar

Re program ECU-R to communicate to new inverter

ATwaddell

We hired a small company 2 young local guys to install solar, (Mistake) They installed ground mounted solar,30 four hundred watt panels and 8 APsystems QS1 inverters 4 channel , They did a nice clean job got systems working, county signed off power company signed off paid them off (mistake) Then we have 1 QS1 inverter not working, they said the 4 panels that fed the 1 QS1 was making power but not communicating, Wrong it was dead no lights nothing, They blew us off, got tired of waiting so I ordered 1 QS1 inverter- 4 MC-4 plugs-1 end plug from Stellavolta in Texas 3 days later parts showed up Good place. Powered down AC power installed new QS1, I marked with a paint pen the 8 cables 4 positive and 4 negatives before Plugging in 4 panels, I checked voltage on each set of panels found panels 1 & 2 negatives were crossed,Plugging in each set of panels the red light came on for a second, Plugged in trunk cable 220v to inverter in a second all inverters flashing green every 10 seconds, never had that before on that inverter. I discovered with my little circuit tester touching each panel on back side anywhere it beeped, before changing inverter those panels did nothing, Now they all beep, My son that is 40 is really good with tech stuff, He tried to reprogram, and put in new inverter number, On My EMA app nothing changed 4 panels in row shows NA no communication, He down loaded the manager app it shows all panels working, But on customer EMA same N/A. He said he needs installers password and that won't happen, What can I do Thanks Art (805712-9449

Last edited:
Called AP systems and Derick reprogrammed QS-1 inverter took him 10 seconds Thanks' Derick

Back