diy solar

diy solar

Rebuilding everything

Mannfamilywoodworks

Solar Enthusiast
So I’ve had nothing but issues with most of the components I purchased.
My Growatt AXE battery is getting replaced with 1 or 2 eg4 batteries. Breaker between inverter and batteries.
I’ve ordered two little 50 ohm resistors.
I ordered a dc breaker and breaker box for my solar panel connection.
My 6k growatt AIO inverters fans no longer work for some odd reason….upon trying to return to watts247 he basically told me he’ll let me know how much I’ll be refunded upon his inspection.
I want to do a damaged return.
He won’t do it.
He won’t tell me exactly how much I’ll be refunded or if I’ll get a replacement unit or anything.
According to the return/refund policy…they could send me a damaged unit from the start….have me send it back…refund me %50 or %30 and make money for doing nothing. All with one damaged unit.
Every time I try to do a damaged return.
he asks me what physical condition it’ll return in. I say perfect exterior physical condition.
He says okay….send it back and I’ll let you know how much you’ll get once I see it.
No. That doesn’t work for me.
Sigsolar made me feel secure and safe during the whole return.
I loaded the battery onto a pallet and once it was on the truck being shipped I was refunded because both parties know their is an inconsistency in the product.
Watts247 is insisting I change fans and cpu boards and a bunch of things that I shouldn’t need to do with a brand new inverter.
He actually told me that I don’t need the fans. He said he’s got people who will buy this inverter because the fans don’t come on and the fault code won’t pop up either. Both red flags.

So I’m going to buy another growatt 6k inverter from sigsolar.

Upon this new system working correctly. Watts247 will have no choice but to accept that he sold me a damaged unit from the start.
Why should I need to do all of this for a warranty swap?
He could care less that I’m off grid and without power

Sorry to hear this. Are you outside the return period?

The Watts24/7 website is pretty clear that they get to decide on refunds/replacement.

Hard to believe Sig Solar is going to win a customer service award. Hope it works out.

Sorry to hear this. Are you outside the return period?

The Watts24/7 website is pretty clear that they get to decide on refunds/replacement.

Hard to believe Sig Solar is going to win a customer service award. Hope it works out.
I purchased on July 1st
Shipped July 5th.
Received it July 19th.
Installed July 23rd roughly.
So it’s been about a month from the time that this all started.

Just curious as to the issues you had with the Growatt AXE? I was looking at them but now see they disappeared from the marketplace. Must be an issue I am not aware of. Shame as I liked the concept.

Just curious as to the issues you had with the Growatt AXE? I was looking at them but now see they disappeared from the marketplace. Must be an issue I am not aware of. Shame as I liked the concept.
The scariest thing I encountered was power escaping from the unit when the unit was powered off.
I didn’t like that.
This occurred from the first day I used the battery.
I think it’s great as well. I would buy it again. Except I would buy more than one to rule out inconsistencies.that’s my only advice.

The scariest thing I encountered was power escaping from the unit when the unit was powered off.
I didn’t like that.
This occurred from the first day I used the battery.
I think it’s great as well. I would buy it again. Except I would buy more than one to rule out inconsistencies.that’s my only advice.
Hmmm. Not sure how that could happen. Something is amiss with the units as they fell of the marketplace.

They’re more willing to work with people who are victim to equipment error. Not user error
hmmmm, i have a feeling this may come back to haunt you.

Seriously, why stick with eg4 and growatt? The pro-rated warranty on their eg4 battery is enough to pick something else that has a full ten year warranty.

Glad to hear Signature is taking care of you on the axe battery.

Back