diy solar

diy solar

Recommendations/ideas for upgrading a 10kw system

tccack

Hi there.... An Australian question or two...

I have a 10kw system currently... Its about 12 years old but working fine. It consists of 52 x 190w panels in 4 strings and an SMA 10kw Tripower 3ph grid tied inverter.
I would like to move to the next step after getting an EV and looking to change to induction cooking and upgrading the system.

My priority is to have 15kw AC output with the ability to connect batteries so I would need a new inverter.
(unless there is merit to leaving the original system as is, then adding a 15kw inverter just attached to the batteries and charged from the AC from the original inverter? and running the property off that inverter instead (like AC pass through????)

I am looking for some recommendations. I'm not after a specific brand but want a brand that is globally sound and has the best interconnectivity etc with the server rack battery system components.

Also with the solar, given that I have the existing panels, in order to up the numbers should I get additional 190w panels up to the output required or look at higher power panels being added, or change out some of the panels to higher power panels???

As far as the battery thinking goes the intent is to have 60kwh of batteries like the ruixu's which are now avaiable in Australia, connected to the 15kw inverter to be able to run AC and cooking etc from the batteries. The ideal scenario is not to ever use power from the grid if possible and also export the true surplus to the grid (after consumption and charging etc.)

Thanks

Tony

Back