diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 3000w Inverter Charger model

sibaroni

Simple question here, so placing the question here....
I want to upgrade to this Inverter Charger, but need it to charge the battery bank at specific times only from the AC input 240volts.
I don't think there is a timing option available in the config, but there is
the option to prioritize input...Utility and Battery priority options in the config
If I use a smart plug only to come on only at 1am and then shuts off at 7am....then with no AC power , the inverter HAS to use the batteries..?
Yes?
By the way the smart plug is working with a charger that is a bit problematic, hence the wish to upgrade to this product....half the price of a Victron and more...?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109-064957.png
    Screenshot_20240109-064957.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 13
Not many people here use the Renogy inverter/chargers - that’s probably why no one has answered your question in a week.

If you have a Victron system - I would suggest this YouTube - it could do it easy…

Maybe you will see enough stuff in there that you may be able to copy into the Renogy…

Or spark some other ideas…

Good Luck

Not many people here use the Renogy inverter/chargers - that’s probably why no one has answered your question in a week.

If you have a Victron system - I would suggest this YouTube - it could do it easy…

Maybe you will see enough stuff in there that you may be able to copy into the Renogy…

Or spark some other ideas…

Good Luck
Cheers... yes Victron.,.but out of my price point really for a Multiplus...

I would avoid these inverter chargers. The fan comes on every 30 mins for 1 minute no matter what and it is noisy. This uses valuable power. Also it will not charge or start up if the battery voltage is low so have to jump charge a discharged lipo battery to kick the renogy inverter charger into action using a £10 charger from ebay. Was supposedly a refurbished renogy inverter charger but I doubt they even checked it. Parts missing. Wasn’t set to UK voltages and box all smashed. I tried both the 2000 and 3000w models and both behave the same. Their support, as others have said is really poor - getting a different agent each submission and asking me to video the missing parts! - and no real technical help. My shunt / display also draws a high wattage so discharges the battery and it doesn’t show much charge even when battery is full (polarity is correct). My mppt dc-dc charger seems to work so hanging on to that for a while but the rest are going back. Certainly not buying an M1.

Back