diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 3000W inverter died

Meshdish63

I've got a Renogy 3000W 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter Charger w/ LCD Display that quit working for no apparent reason. When I turn it on the red LED and fan come on for about 1 second then shut off. The batteries are fully charged, no worrying changes have been made, and the breakers on the inverter are not tripped. I disconnected the AC input and output but that makes no difference. The inverter is about 2 years old so it's out of warranty and Renogy doesn't offer repair services.

Are there any simple tests I can do to try to determine what the problem is? If not, is there a place I could send it to diagnose and repair it?

Thank!!

I would be looking for a replacement. Could cost more to repair than it is worth.
Two years is rather disappointing.

I had a 1000 Watt Renogy inverter that failed 1 months after the 1 year warranty was up. I'd open it up and check the internal fuses first, and closely examine the mosfets for any burned spots. Mine had a couple burned mosfets that I couldn't easily access to replace. I replaced it with a Vevor 3500 Watt PSW that was much cheaper and better than the Renogy.

Just go for a victron inverter .
5 years warranty.
And by official dealer you pay 10% extra over the price and you have 10 years Warranty.

Nothing can beat that on warranty.

Wy this long warranty?
Really easy .
The Netherlands have a law about warranty.
And that is what is the lifespan of a machine .
So that means that a wash machine have to run minimum of 5 years.
Even if the factory set 1 years its against the EU law for the seller that have to be 2 years .
But the wash machine have to run 5 years with no problem in the law of the Netherlands.
So the parts stay under warranty only the cost for the person that repair its its the bill for the owner of the wash machine.

So victron a company that come from the Netherlands.
Set that warranty that high for that reason.
The victron are sell by the factory them self.

I opened it, the internal fuses are good and I didn't see any burnt spots on any printed circuit boards or obvious signs of damage to any of the components. Also no burnt smell like when something gets fried.

I opened it, the internal fuses are good and I didn't see any burnt spots on any printed circuit boards or obvious signs of damage to any of the components. Also no burnt smell like when something gets fried.
Is the battery not shutdown it self ?
You can not use a multi meter on it .
It will tell the volts but it will not let the ampère go.
Are all other stuff running in the rv on that Battery??

Is the battery not shutdown it self ?
You can not use a multi meter on it .
It will tell the volts but it will not let the ampère go.
Are all other stuff running in the rv on that Battery??
The batteries have Bluetooth on the bms and the app shows they are fully charged. I connected a load tester to the 12v leads and can draw 10amps with no problem so I'm sure the batteries are working properly.

I also connected a different battery to the inverter and got the same results when turning it on.

The inverter is the only item connected to the batteries.

diy solar

diy solar
Back