diy solar

diy solar

How to deal with EMF from inverter

Have you any idea how to deal with the EMF/EMR put out by the inverters when it powers up
I recomend my clients to use bedding and clothing when using the RV that will protect them from the harmfull radiation . This outlet offers a good range,
Screenshot_20240526-102536_Chrome~2.jpgScreenshot_20240526-102413_Chrome~2.jpg

I recomend my clients to use bedding and clothing when using the RV that will protect them from the harmfull radiation . This outlet offers a good range,
View attachment 217708View attachment 217709
Order it on your cellphone next to your head and don't forget to complaint about the 5G towers down the street.

Most of the time anything that is emitting that much EMF is due to an imbalance. Radiators that are opposite phase and equal power cancel each other out as a balanced transmission line. Try putting the inverter on a short line on a resistive load and then take your reading. If it is still emitting strong EMF or RFI then it isn't complaint to US Federal Code 47 CFR § 15.3 as a incidental radiator.

Try using a portable AM radio and see if you can hear the interference. If it is emitting that much energy in the radio spectrum you have some powerful laws to go after the manufacture.

Try using a inline RFI filter. Search for RFI/EMI filter and on AMZ or other electrical suppliers. Bonding everything together and grounding it is necessary.

Note the effects on the human body are psychosomatic. Unless you are near a 50 KW broadcasting station don't worry about it. If you have some Amateur Radio or CB operators near you you they can come after you for a violation of part 15 for knowingly operating a source of interference.
View attachment 217707
Be very careful with any of these inline filters. Though they do clean up RF , most are optimistic about their current rating to say the least. If you leave your skin on it, that’s probably a sign.

Be very careful with any of these inline filters. Though they do clean up RF , most are optimistic about their current rating to say the least. If you leave your skin on it, that’s probably a sign.
They help a little. I wouldn't over current them. Probably more due to the capacitors than the internal toroid. I use it on my 50V rectifiers for my LDMOS linear amplifier and it cleaned up 80M. Toroid's Mixes 31 and 43 are best for HF use (31 is better for the low bands, with mix 43 having a slight advantage from 14 to 30 MHz).

They help a little. I wouldn't over current them. Probably more due to the capacitors than the internal toroid. I use it on my 50V rectifiers for my LDMOS linear amplifier and it cleaned up 80M. Toroid's Mixes 31 and 43 are best for HF use (31 is better for the low bands, with mix 43 having a slight advantage from 14 to 30 MHz).
Good to know about the mixes and bands. I used to work 160M years ago but I don’t think the HOA would be too happy with that antenna I had back then Lol. No longer active because of present location, tho still update my license in hopes of a better place in the future.
I’ve bought several cheap inline filters to clean up the outputs of switching power supplies. Primarily because I have very long “addressable” (programmable) cob lighting strips that are sensitive. The short solve answer is to move the controller closer to the strip, but I did find a filter that worked best. Surprisingly the AC type (non polarized) worked best on the output of the power supply. If the output of the power supply is isolated you can also try to pull the negative to ground (chassis) but it’s case by case, experimental to de tune the line to make whatever you have down stream happy. The AC version is rated at 25 amps but I wouldn’t recommend over 10 continuous(Keurig test LOL).

IMG_1267.jpegIMG_1268.jpeg

Are you able to explain why my cat kept moving away from the EMF coming through the floor and right up through the couch itself, and why my wife kept moving to the other side of the room because she was getting heart palpitations then please?
No one can explain why cats do what they do. Wives can be hard to figure out too.

It would be interesting to see video from your experiments...
As to graphene's features - it's nonmagnetic at all.
Adding to that, the shot is just 5 ml and wouldn't allow you to hold any magnet, if it would be made from an iron nanoparticles.

Even if the claims of graphene being in the shots were true, I wouldn't expect it to stick to a magnet.

As for microchips, the 30 gauge needle was too small. Although, an article debunking the claim did get linked to the side an article about smaller RFID chips - a cube about as big as OD of needle but not ID.

I was just teasing my wife since she had seen demonstration videos. I licked the magnet, and that made it adhere to my arm even upside down. When I transferred it to my other arm I flipped the magnet over, and dry it just slid down my arm.

No one can explain why cats do what they do. Wives can be hard to figure out too.
It could be sound. I’ve got a cat that runs and hides every time I turn on the over range fan. The other cats notice but don’t panic. Electronics can make high frequency noises that an old machinist wouldn’t have a clue about. Now if I could just patent that sound that drove my ex crazy……

Inverters can give off conducted and radiated EMI, sometimes that interferes with electronics and radios. Radiated drops off as r^2, while conducted is confined to the wire and won't drop off significantly
There are also near-field magnetic fields, especially from transformers. That drops off as r^3.

My wife got an E/M field meter, and sure enough, microwave gives off a strong field. That is from the transformer, of course, not the microwave tube. She now keeps the cats away from it when operating (unlike your cat, ours don't seem to instinctively realize it is depleting some of their nine lives.

In a similar vein, my wife became concerned about the Covid shot and was quite unhappy that I got it. She saw demonstrations in videos that it causes people to become magnetic, apparently because it contains only graphene nanoparticles. I have some super magnets from Harbor Freight, so I put on on my arm where I had been vaccinated. It stuck. I tilted my arm until the magnet was on the underside and it continued to stick. I then transferred the magnet to my right arm which hadn't received a shot yet, and the magnet slid right off.

I am working on reduction of magnetic fields at work especially from power transformers. One of my colleagues does this by wrapping copper and mu-metal around the outside. The copper serves as a shorted turn, cancelling leakage fields (it does not pass through the core like the windings. Mu-metal blocks magnetic field. With relatively thin material we get an order of magnitude reduction. My effort is is in the area of locating secondaries to better cancel leakage field of primary, and altering phase of multiple transformers to provide better cancellation at a point in space where we have sensitive equipment.

You may be able to apply a couple of those techniques to your problem - add copper and mu-metal bands around the inverter's transformer. You may also be able to make a couple coils wired in series with the transformer and positioned around it - tuned to the optimal number of turns it could provide cancellation. I would use a Variac and resistor to adjust current in a coil, the recalculate number of turns needed.

But to see if the inverter is the issue at all, you could try A/B tests substituting a remote power source, also try relocating the inverter elsewhere. Besides the EMF you think is the problem, there could be inaudible sounds the body reacts to, and there could be flickering of lights.
Thank you:) I am not trained in electronics at all:) I guess because I used to build computers, I was able to make sense of building the solar system:) Technical issues are far beyond my understanding at the moment. At this point I am going to remove the very expensive 3000W Pure Sine Wane inverter and use a Modified instead. They don't seen to have this issue. I am using a 4000W Modified right now and no EMF/EMR issue upstairs. Right at the inverter it gives off 17 milligouse and 2 feet away zero. I don't understand why a 4000W would give off so much less than a 3000W. I am going to have to go with, it is the inverter itself. I appreciate your input:) Thanks.

Inverters can give off conducted and radiated EMI, sometimes that interferes with electronics and radios. Radiated drops off as r^2, while conducted is confined to the wire and won't drop off significantly
There are also near-field magnetic fields, especially from transformers. That drops off as r^3.

My wife got an E/M field meter, and sure enough, microwave gives off a strong field. That is from the transformer, of course, not the microwave tube. She now keeps the cats away from it when operating (unlike your cat, ours don't seem to instinctively realize it is depleting some of their nine lives.

In a similar vein, my wife became concerned about the Covid shot and was quite unhappy that I got it. She saw demonstrations in videos that it causes people to become magnetic, apparently because it contains only graphene nanoparticles. I have some super magnets from Harbor Freight, so I put on on my arm where I had been vaccinated. It stuck. I tilted my arm until the magnet was on the underside and it continued to stick. I then transferred the magnet to my right arm which hadn't received a shot yet, and the magnet slid right off.

I am working on reduction of magnetic fields at work especially from power transformers. One of my colleagues does this by wrapping copper and mu-metal around the outside. The copper serves as a shorted turn, cancelling leakage fields (it does not pass through the core like the windings. Mu-metal blocks magnetic field. With relatively thin material we get an order of magnitude reduction. My effort is is in the area of locating secondaries to better cancel leakage field of primary, and altering phase of multiple transformers to provide better cancellation at a point in space where we have sensitive equipment.

You may be able to apply a couple of those techniques to your problem - add copper and mu-metal bands around the inverter's transformer. You may also be able to make a couple coils wired in series with the transformer and positioned around it - tuned to the optimal number of turns it could provide cancellation. I would use a Variac and resistor to adjust current in a coil, the recalculate number of turns needed.

But to see if the inverter is the issue at all, you could try A/B tests substituting a remote power source, also try relocating the inverter elsewhere. Besides the EMF you think is the problem, there could be inaudible sounds the body reacts to, and there could be flickering of lights.
This product has been changing the game for people who have been aware of it.
MasterPeace does these things:

Removes Forever Chemicals

Synthetic by-products of modern day conveniences:
Bisphenol A (BPA’s) – A chemical primarily used in manufacturing modern plastics.
Polyfluoroalkyl (PFA’s) – A group of 4,700+ man-made chemicals used in everyday modern products.

Removes Heavy Metals:
Weaponized natural elements such as:
Aluminum & Lead.
Graphene Oxide – Found in medications and modern day gene therapies.
Barium (BA), Aluminum (AL), Lead (LD) – Found in Chemical trails.
Arsenic, Chromium, Cobalt, Lead and Nickel – Found in pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
Mercury – Found in dentistry.

Most of the time anything that is emitting that much EMF is due to an imbalance. Radiators that are opposite phase and equal power cancel each other out as a balanced transmission line. Try putting the inverter on a short line on a resistive load and then take your reading. If it is still emitting strong EMF or RFI then it isn't complaint to US Federal Code 47 CFR § 15.3 as a incidental radiator.

Try using a portable AM radio and see if you can hear the interference. If it is emitting that much energy in the radio spectrum you have some powerful laws to go after the manufacture.

Try using a inline RFI filter. Search for RFI/EMI filter and on AMZ or other electrical suppliers. Bonding everything together and grounding it is necessary.

Note the effects on the human body are psychosomatic. Unless you are near a 50 KW broadcasting station don't worry about it. If you have some Amateur Radio or CB operators near you you they can come after you for a violation of part 15 for knowingly operating a source of interference.
View attachment 217707
I am not sure how this would reduce the EMF/EMR on my 3000W inverter. If it is the inverter itself is producing the extremely high (200+ milligouse) readings when under AC load. The cables to the battery bank are 0/1 AWG gauge, very big.

some EMF meters have electric and magnetic field settings.

Magnetic fields are primarily produced by coils of wire, inductors and transformers. Some designs of those produce more field than others. The transformer in a microwave oven makes a strong magnetic field.

An MSW inverter will make higher levels of power line harmonics including 180 Hz, 300 Hz, etc., which aren't in a range that FCC required testing looks at. But they will cause damage to some electronics and motors.

A good PSW inverter will have much lower power line harmonics.

Either could radiate higher or lower magnetic fields and EM waves, depending on how they are filtered and whether components are shielded.

A LF PSW inverter with transformer certainly could make stronger 60 Hz magnetic fields than an HF MSW inverter.

All those effects can be reduced by design or by shielding, at some expense. I'm concerned about it because the e-beam of our SEM can be affected.

If you really want to experience powerful magnetic fields, get an MRI.
Them magnets is Strong!

1716750020240.png

Back