diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 500A Monitor Settings

bear0214

This is a new Renogy 500A monitor install and there are a few of the user specified settings in the monitor I am unsure of and would like feedback on the correct specs.

My batteries are 2 - 81Ah Interstate deep cycle RV SRM-24. I called Interstate where I bought the batteries and the guy gave me some information but he could not answer the specs regarding Zero Voltage, Power Off, Zero Capacity Voltage, Shutdown Voltage, Low Capacity Alarm, and Battery Attenuation Ratio.

Need some help with these please.

CAP setting is 81Ah X 2 = 162 correct?
Full V = 12.9V fully charged?
Zero V = I put 12.45 (50% discharged battery) ? Not sure about this
PowOff = (50% discharged battery) ? Not sure about this - Will the monitor shut off the system at this level?
Alarm = (50% discharged battery) ? Not sure about this
Atten = Is this a calculation done by the monitor itself? or do I need to set this?

R 500A Monitor Settings.jpg

Thanks for your help.

John in Montana

I have an SRM-24 in my 5th wheel. Pretty decent battery.

Descriptions are in the manual.

Discard all voltage to SoC charts. They are only useful if a battery has been sitting unused with no charge or discharge for 24 hours. 12.45 is NOT 50%.

Yes, 162Ah.

Full capacity voltage is a TRIGGER voltage, i.e., when the battery hits this voltage, it sets 100% arbitrarily. I would set this to 14.35V

Zero capacity voltage is a TRIGGER value, i.e., when the battery hits this voltage, it sets 0% arbitrarily. I would set this to 10.5V.

Shutdown voltage is the voltage the MONITOR shuts down at. I would set this to 9V.

Low capacity alarm is the Ah at which you wish to be alarmed. if you want to discharge to 50%, this should be 81Ah.

Attenuation is how fast the batteries degrade with every cycle. If you maintain these batteries well, you could reasonably experience a 20% degradation in 1000 cycles. That would be 0.02% for the attenuation value.

I have an SRM-24 in my 5th wheel. Pretty decent battery.

Descriptions are in the manual.

Discard all voltage to SoC charts. They are only useful if a battery has been sitting unused with no charge or discharge for 24 hours. 12.45 is NOT 50%.

Yes, 162Ah.

Full capacity voltage is a TRIGGER voltage, i.e., when the battery hits this voltage, it sets 100% arbitrarily. I would set this to 14.35V

Zero capacity voltage is a TRIGGER value, i.e., when the battery hits this voltage, it sets 0% arbitrarily. I would set this to 10.5V.

Shutdown voltage is the voltage the MONITOR shuts down at. I would set this to 9V.

Low capacity alarm is the Ah at which you wish to be alarmed. if you want to discharge to 50%, this should be 81Ah.

Attenuation is how fast the batteries degrade with every cycle. If you maintain these batteries well, you could reasonably experience a 20% degradation in 1000 cycles. That would be 0.02% for the attenuation value.
Thanks for the information!

Back