diy solar

diy solar

Renogy battery monitor need reading correctly.

Larman

I installed a renogy battery monitor and all seem to be fine until I hooked up the battery charger. Now it is not showing that I am charging the batteries. I am using to batteries in parallel and I am charging them with a neco genius charger with dual charging. One set of charging wires to one battery and the other set to the other battery. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Is the shunt installed the correct way around

How is it wired up , all power in & out of all batteries must cross the shunt

If you connected the charger wires direct to the battery posts, you have bypassed the renogy shunt. You need to move the negative charger wires to the other side of the shunt.

If you connected the charger wires direct to the battery posts, you have bypassed the renogy shunt. You need to move the negative charger wires to the other side of the shunt.
Not sure where to put the negative wires, the battery charger wires connect to the batteries? Are you saying remove both negative wires from the charger to battery connection and move to the other side of shunt?

Not sure where to put the negative wires, the battery charger wires connect to the batteries? Are you saying remove both negative wires from the charger to battery connection and move to the other side of shunt?
Can we see photos pls mate if you can

04-Installing-A-Battery-Monitor.jpg

Yes. Nothing should be between the shunt and the battery negative post. When you add the shunt think of that as your new negative post. Also, you stated that your batteries were in parallel, one charger wire will charge both batteries.

Yes. Nothing should be between the shunt and the battery negative post. When you add the shunt think of that as your new negative post. Also, you stated that your batteries were in parallel, one charger wire will charge both batteries.
Ok switched wires seems to be charging as screen is pulsating on and off. Thank you!

Back